ATF: Edge - TV Mounting Bracket

Can anyone tell me the approximate location of the "studs" in the wall above the little TV shelf in the M21? I want to install a television wall mount so I don't have to drag my TV in and out of the box every time we go camping.

I'm thinking of putting an articulating wall mount in.

Thanks,
Phil Johnson

evolvingpowercat

I suggest you pull the access panel below the TV shelf you use to access the winterizing valves, you can see for yourself what goes up and down where. Personally I mounted about a 8" square 1/2" plyboard and put the articulating TV mount over that, as the wall is only 3/16" thick 3 ply plywood behind the wall covering. Originally I took the OEM wall mount out and put an Amazon.com articulating mount in its place over the plyboard, reusing the original Jensen OEM TV. I took a luggage strap with quick release snap and mounted it between the mount and the wall and can strap the TV tight to the wall when traveling.

I just replaced the Jensen with a 32" $199 Black Friday LED TV and have it tied to the same articulating mount but also use the TV stand, sitting on the shelf raised up with a 3" 1/2 hollow rectangle plywood platform . The wall mount is mainly just to be sure it does not go anywhere when traveling, and I still use the luggage strap to secure it when traveling. I can still move it around thanks to the articulating mount.

Hi Phil, I am new to the Heartland Forum and wanted to know if you got your answer. We have a 2011 M21 and just love it. Thanks Linda

Hi Phil, I am new to the Heartland Forum and wanted to know if you got your answer. We have a 2011 M21 and just love it. Thanks Linda

Hi Linda,

Well, I never really got what I would call a good answer, so I went out and bought a good stud finder and basically did the job myself. I used a quick-release type mount, put it on a piece of plywood which I attached to the wall, and used the suggestion of a luggage strap to hold the television secure while driving. So far it has worked out great. Good luck with your effort!

evolvingpowercat

watch this youtube video it is something a dealer rep shot at the Edge factory showing Edge units being built = there is a point in the video where you can see the wall next to the bathroom door being built and it will give you an idea of where the studs are, there are two and they are not equally spaced. You can also remove the panel under the shelf and look in there as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_FbcaQta74

Bbap

Does anyone have a picture of their own installation?
Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk