ELkridge Express E30

Bardeenm1

Good Afternoon, We are scheduled to pick up our 2013 Elkridge E30 on Saturday.
I already had a long list of repairs/fix ups that I told the dealer to take care of before I sign and tow it away. Can you other Elkridge / Express owners think of any areas other then the norm to look at on the unit for or pre inspection? I understand the no RV will be perfect.

danemayer

These aren't specific to the Elridge, but you'll find them useful.

Check the TV operation with over the air channels. Locate the signal booster (on for TV, off for cable). If you happen to have satellite equipment, check that to make sure cables are labeled correctly and that there are no connector problems.

Check all the plumbing connections you can get to. It doesn't matter whether the problems with plumbing are few or many. If you have a problem, it's a big deal. Ask them to show you the water pump. They'll probably have to take the basement wall down by the UDC. That'll let you see how it comes down and what's behind. Check for leaks while it's open. Check connections under the sinks.

Get a demo on the winterizing controls. If there's a water line to the frig, locate the cut-off.

Have them demo all the lights, including the entry step light. Also the landing gear controls. If there's a remote, get a demo of what it does.

Get them to demo the A/C and Heat controls and make sure the FAN is set to AUTO.

Make sure you understand the leveling procedure and demo the front landing gear so you can see how they operate to hitch, unhitch, and level front-to-rear.

Enjoy.

ICamel

Have them show you where the fuse is for the front landing gear. If you over run either the retracted or extended positions it will blow the fuse. Carry at least one spare fuse of the correct size. Now that I think about it, I may get a "resettable" fuse at that location.

Bardeenm1

Still waiting for the dealer to finish up fixing some items that I found during the my very first initial review of our camper. I sure hope they get it done soon and I do not find any further problems on our pick up inspection. I know it is a camper and not going to be perfect...