Support bar?

Uncle Rog

Mine has not been installed yet Bill, I will post a picture when it is. It is a tube welded from side to side to keep them from flexing.......

ChopperBill

OK I am guessing it is just a piece of tube welded across the frame to each of the mor/ride suspension plates to keep them from flopping from side to side.

Pulltab

I had not heard of this before myself. Is this a critical issue? If so I want to stop it in it's tracks.

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
Mor-Ryde

There was a service bulletin put out quite awhile ago concerning the Mor-Ryde systems and tubes that needed to be added on the system. they changed products on us and didnt let us know that the tube needed to be included on the system so we had to put out a bulletin to have dealers weld in a tube. not every Mor-Ryde system was included in this and all that were included had letters sent to the retial customer as well as the dealer with procedures on the repairs. I pulld up the vin list and I don't show that either one of the units above in in the effected units list. Most already had a bar between the system so make sure that it is still there because I have had units hit something in the road and have that bar torn off without their knowledge. you will see spots of weld where the bar was if it was to be on your unit. Remember, not all of the systems we used required a tube though...

Pulltab

Thanks for the reply Jim. Sorry you couldn't make it over to the campground last weekend. Would have liked to meet you. :) We will be back up there in April and I will contact you then.

Uncle Rog

Good morning guys, the Lippert rep who authorized replacing my entire spring assemblies also required the tube to be welded in place........I will have it done when my new cargo hatch arrives.........The shop forgot about the tube when they did the springs and I was in a hurry when I picked it up and missed it....haste makes waste!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
What years are the support bars for. We have a 07 with Mor/ryde. What web site to check for VIN# and if it needs to be installed?? Bob

nscaler2

vin# list

FennerJ said:
There was a service bulletin put out quite awhile ago concerning the Mor-Ryde systems and tubes that needed to be added on the system. they changed products on us and didnt let us know that the tube needed to be included on the system so we had to put out a bulletin to have dealers weld in a tube. not every Mor-Ryde system was included in this and all that were included had letters sent to the retial customer as well as the dealer with procedures on the repairs. I pulld up the vin list and I don't show that either one of the units above in in the effected units list. Most already had a bar between the system so make sure that it is still there because I have had units hit something in the road and have that bar torn off without their knowledge. you will see spots of weld where the bar was if it was to be on your unit. Remember, not all of the systems we used required a tube though...

Would you be kind enough to publish the list of vin #'s affected by this?? Our dealer went out of business about 3 months after we purchased our 3055rl. Therefore we have been dealerless and probably wouldn't have received the letter if our unit was affected.

Thanks

ChopperBill

A late thanks Jim! So I am reading that mine does not have to have the bar? Even if not would it be of value if I put one on? I can see where they would take the stress off on sharp turns.

Pulltab

Gotta be careful here and step lightly Bill cause it will just transfer the stress to the next weakest link. If they are not recommended on ours I don't think I would forge ahead and do it. Without some explanation of why some need it and some don't it is hard to determine but I am assuming it is how the original mounting was performed. Mine looks to be nothing more than a piece of angle welded to the Ibeam at each end of the Mor ryde component.