On board Generator

Sumo

I mounted a Yamaha 3000 watt with a remote start on the back of my North Trail 5th Wheel.

IMG_0868.jpgIMG_0876.jpg

gebills

Hi Sumo: I'm mildly curious; do you have a hard-wired cutout circuit set up and wired into your electrical system, or are you using the main shore-power plug to induce the power into your 5th wheel electrical system?

Additionally, it looks like a good place to put a large padlock to use for when you are away from the RV.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Thats the first way I mounted my genny on the Sundance to use while camped in a spot. (not for traveling) The long cantilever mounting method bounced too much while traveling for my liking. IMO the sewer hose holder bumper is too thin to support that much weight hanging under it.
I made a bracket so it sets on top of the bumper and only sticks out 10" from the bumper.

I hope it works out for you...keep an eye on it.

Attachments

• ebay pics 060.jpg
    ebay pics 060.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 125
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 121
  • ebay pics 062.jpg
    ebay pics 062.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 135

Sumo

I just plug the shore power cord into the generator. I do have a remote start, so I don't need to go outside the start it.

I was also concerned about the thin walls of the sewer hose holder/ bumper. But, I've been assured buy 2 different metal guys that the bumper will hold the weight. I do check the welds on the bumper before every trip.

I'm looking to upgrade the bumper this summer to something more suitable for what I"m doing.

I'm trying to figure out a way to secure the generator with a lock. I'm thinking cable attached between the bumper and Generator.

100_0084.jpg