Sewer Hose

Rick

Jim looks like I will be taking an idea from you concerning sewer hose. The sewer hose compartment will only store a 6' hose. Learned the hard way one year while at a park in Alabama that we needed a 20' hose to reach sewer hookup. Not a big deal but seeing as we had paid for full hookup it was kinda a pain. Anyway the long and short of it is the sewer hose storage compartment will not store a 20' hose.SOOOOO I will get one of those PVC pipes to store the hose and attachments in. Still love the coach but Heartland should keep in mind that ( NOW EVERYONE GET THEIR MINDS OUT OF THE GUTTER) not all Heartland owners have short hoses! Rick & Sandi(TIN CAN TOURISTS)

Last edited:

Wheats

To overcome the storage problem, I have placed a ten foot hose in each propane compartment. It is easy to get to and put away while standing up.

To install a 10 foot hose holder takes three items. Two PVC 41/2 inch to 3 inch reducers, available at Home Depot, etc and one small dog harness or equivalent hoop to hold the hose in each compartment.

Screw the two PVC reducers on the metal wall adjacent to the storage compartment (across from the propane tank). This holds the hose ends so they can't drop from the compartment. The six inch hoop or dog harness is screwed into the top of the metal wall 30 inches above the two PVC holders.

Just push the hose end through the loop and place the ends in the PVC holders. It even drains the hose.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hello Rick
Here is an idea I got from someone else. I like it because I can store a long sewer hose in one part and a shorter one in the other part. I bought a length of 4" PVC Sch 40 put a screw on adapter that would let me leave the red attachments when I pushed them into the conduit. I put a screw cap to keep the hose inside the conduit. I measured the distance I needed to insert the longer hose. I drilled a hole through the conduit and put a 5" - 1/4" bolt through it to be a stop for the hoses. On the other side I put a 10' hose. In the bottom I use a 3/8" bit and drilled a number of holes in the bottom so the water would drain out.

One mod I found out from someone else.. Instead of a sch 40 conduit they used the sewer pipe that has holes already in it and did the same thing.

Just another Idea..
BC

Attachments

• DSC_0001M.jpg
    DSC_0001M.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Bolt view.jpg
    Bolt view.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 107
  • End Cap.jpg
    End Cap.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 109

Karl

2006 Chevrolet 3500 SRW
This is Karl Borosch--1161--The first year in our adventures of RV'ing, we were in a park up in St Augustine Fl, we had camped for a few days where there were no sewer hook-ups, and were quite full. I went out and attached our dump hose and pulled the handle and the hose split wide open and before I could get the "t" handle closed there was ------- all over the ground. I have no sense of smell so that did not bother me, it was the idea that everyone else did and I was the cause. After cleaning up and purchasing some Lime, i was still embarrrassed, The following day a motor home pulled in an pulled out a hose about the size of a garden hose and hooked it up to the sewer dump. He told me that was his sewer hose, and explained how it worked. It was a Sewer Solution which I went out and bought right away. It cost $100 but to this day (8 years later ) I still have the same system and It still works just fine. It works no matter if it needs to go uphill or level... I don't work for the company, my brother also has the same system...I carry the whole system with 20 feet of hose in a 5 gallon bucket.

cgunn

20' Hose Storage

I don't quite understand....
I use two 10' hoses with a coupling in the center
and 90 deg ells on both ends.
Clear one on the coach end and grey adapter on
the other end to fit various sewer sizes..
I am able to stuff it all in my storage compartment
with no problem at all. It is 13"x 9"tall and 29" long.
I also store a few short 2x4 blocks that I use under the
hose sometimes in there too....
What is all the fuss about??:confused:
Did I get blessed with a bigger compartment than
normal....or what??
That is why they call it a "FLEX HOSE" ya know...;)

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I'm the same as cgunn. I have 2 10' hoses with all the fittings and I store them in the storage compartment and have enough room to store another hose if I needed it.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
No fuss here. Everyone needs to do what makes them feel better. Rick, the OP just stated that he was going to use a method that some of us use to store our sewer hoses..

I don't know about anyone else but the storage compartment on my BH is pretty small, metal and when the hose leaks out some of the water and such it can be a little messy and smell bad. Also like the ones that store the hose in the bumper. It is made of metal and has a tendency to rust. After it rusts enough hoses and fittings tend to fall out the bottom and along the highway.. Each to their own..

BC

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
No fuss here. Everyone needs to do what makes them feel better. Rick, the OP just stated that he was going to use a method that some of us use to store our sewer hoses..

I don't know about anyone else but the storage compartment on my BH is pretty small, metal and when the hose leaks out some of the water and such it can be a little messy and smell bad. Also like the ones that store the hose in the bumper. It is made of metal and has a tendency to rust. After it rusts enough hoses and fittings tend to fall out the bottom and along the highway.. Each to their own..

BC

I'm going to make a Rally where you and Smokey, and a couple of others are at...thrown a bunch of money and the keys to my RV at you...and go get drunk.

Sober me up when you guys decide that it's done.

I'm not cheap...but, I can be had.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
With our previous TT, the PVC hose tube under the trailer required you to do the low crawl to get at it, so I only stored my spare extension in there. The primary hose (15') got curled up into a plastic tote with a snap lid, along with its fittings. Another tote carried extra fittings and accessories. Give the hose a thorough rinse when breaking camp, snap on the lid, and put it away in the storage compartment. No smell. I've been in public restrooms that smelled worse than my hose tote ever did.

bigredtruck

We just bought a PVC pipe with ends and attachment 'things' for $24 at Camping World. We have the pipe at home to do it the homemade way but DH will never get around to it. of course, he might never get around to attaching this one either but at least there's no 'fiddling'.