Big Country 3251 TS movable island modification

Milton_and_PeggySue

We picked up our coach about 1 month ago and knew right away that the movable island would be a pain to live with. We have removed the wheels, put 1.5" blocks where the wheels were, and added .5" thick felt pads to the blocks in order to move the island back and forth from the kitchen area to the back of the living area (while traveling). We have also moved 2 of the clips for straps to the non-slide part of the rear, just under the couch, to strap the island when moving. I think this will work better for us. We also replaced the "night" shades in the bedroom with blackout shades, much better!

ParkIt

I'd rather have a moving island, the one in the Gateway would be fantastic. It's a good way to keep the DH outta my way while in the kitchen!
One of the first things I did was to put blackout curtains in the bedroom, it doesn't match the color but I had some left over from the RV and they still work just fine. Eventually I'll get to the fabric store and get the color that matches and use the existing velcro to put them up, we also put a black out cover on the fan over the bed and hope to get a smaller AC unit installed in there instead.