Cabinet Door Replacement

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
About two months ago, we realized one of the corners of one of our cabinet doors (over the dinette) was coming loose like it hadn't been glued. Heartland was very good about sending a new one, which took about 3 weeks since they don't keep those in stock.

New door didn't have hole drilled for knob, or markings for spring hinge on side. (This is where I mention how "un-handy" or crafty I am). Biggest problem was the plastic jobbies that the hinge screws went into. I eventually screwed the screws in about 3/4 way and took some pliers to pull on the screw to get the plastic part out to switch to the new one.

After lining up the knob hole with the old one, and lining up the spring hinge on the side, the installation was really pretty easy to finish out. About a one hour project.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We ordered a couple of doors for our entertainment center and they also where very easy to install. Glad you where able to get them installed!

I have a new BH 3185 and the cabinet doors are coming apart at the corners it appears there is no glue in the joints. In less than a year they had to replace or repair 6 different ones. This should not happen on a 2013 model. Wayne

About two months ago, we realized one of the corners of one of our cabinet doors (over the dinette) was coming loose like it hadn't been glued. Heartland was very good about sending a new one, which took about 3 weeks since they don't keep those in stock.

New door didn't have hole drilled for knob, or markings for spring hinge on side. (This is where I mention how "un-handy" or crafty I am). Biggest problem was the plastic jobbies that the hinge screws went into. I eventually screwed the screws in about 3/4 way and took some pliers to pull on the screw to get the plastic part out to switch to the new one.

After lining up the knob hole with the old one, and lining up the spring hinge on the side, the installation was really pretty easy to finish out. About a one hour project.
My house was built in 1973 and still has the original kitchen cabinets. They were custom built, and the cabinet boxes themselves are still in fairly good shape; however, the doors /drawer fronts have seen better days. Some are warped from age and do not close nicely. And the door style is flat and screams 1970s, and not in a cute vintage-y way. I'm thinking that replacing the doors will be expensive but not nearly as expensive (or time consuming) as replacing the whole cabinet set. I'm also thinking of painting the cabinets. Any hints on how to go about finding someone to replace how to find matching kitchen cabinets doors /drawers? Any idea what it'd cost per door? I'm up for painting the cabinets myself ... but I need to pay someone to do the replacements themselves.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Try kitchen remodeling shops. Some offer renovating existing cabinetry without replacing the entire cabinet.

Another option is to buy some decorative trim molding and attach it to the existing doors to dress them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk