1 SD Directv reciever in Key Largo for 3 tv's

Brader

1 SD Directv reciever in Key Largo for 3 tv's?

I have the 2013 Key Largo. I want to install the SD Directv receiver with the living room entertainment center. I want to only use the one receiver. What will it take to view the signal in the bedroom and the outside entertainment center? I know I will have to control the recever from the living room. Does any one have experence with this?

Last edited:

danemayer

Hi Brader,

What are the output types on the back of the receiver and how many? HDMI? COAX? A/V (Y/R/W), Component? Which model receiver?

Brader

Very basic, coax in & out, (Y/R/W) in & out, s video out. The reciever is a directv D11-100

Last edited:

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Re: 1 SD Directv reciever in Key Largo for 3 tv's?

Personally, what I would try would be that coax out on the back of the receiver. Plug it into the Cable coax that should be located close to the TV in the entertainment center. That should send the signal from that box to all the cable coax outlets in the rig, bedroom and outside. You'll have to play with the booster switch and won't be able to use your antenna.
If you're going to use your antenna/cable from outside, I would suggest a splitter with a switch at the coax so you can control the feeds.
Hope that helps.

danemayer

Hi Brader,

If the run to the back of the external tv isn't too long, you might be able to use an A/V cable for that.

For the bedroom, you'll need to run the coax back into the cable/antenna connector, or run new coax, or use a transmitter/receiver pair.

The problem with using the existing cable connection is that it may preclude cable and over the air antenna usage. You can probably solve that problem with a diplexer (not a splitter) where the wall connection, TV coax input line, and sat receiver output line would all be joined. The signal booster will have to be off and you may have to experiment with how to attach the diplexer.

There is a splitter in the basement in between the bedroom and living room. It will probably not impede the signal coming back from the living room, but if you have trouble, you might find it there.

When you get it all figured out, please share the final solution. If possible, a drawing would be helpful to the next person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Brader

The Satellite TV is up and running. This is what I did. I run coax from the dish to the Universal Docking Center. I screwed the satellite coax in to the left living room connector.

In the entertainment cabinet, I unscrewed the coax coming out of wall labeled "cable" and screwed in to the satellite receiver coax output labeled "to TV" I took a short coax screw it in to the wall outlet labeled "satellite" and in to the satellite receiver labeled "satellite in" I turned the TV on in the living room and tuned the TV to channel 3.

I could see the DIRECTV message on the TV. So I called DIRECTV and activated the receiver and in seconds after talking to the rep I started to get satellite TV in the living room.

I went out to the outdoor TV and turned it on an tuned to channel 3 and there is the Masters Golf Tournament.

I haven’t tried the bedroom yet. (my Key Largo didn't come with a bedroom TV) so I need to buy a TV.

Now with a radio frequency (RF) remote control, I can tune the receiver inside and outside.

Thanks for helping me thru this.

Brader

I finaly got a tv for my bedroom. I can get it to work great with the roof top antenna, but I can't get the satellite feed to the bedroom TV. What am I doing wrong? the power antenna is off. Is any members using one satellite reciever for three tv's?

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired

Brader,

I believe your going to have to get a second receiver for the bedroom and run a second line from your LNB to your left bedroom input in UDC.(sames as you did for livingroom). Direct TV has good deals on second receivers, I only pay $5 each per month more for all the extra receivers I have in my house/ During camping season I bring 2 to the camper and use them there.

Murry135

Brader

Problem solved.. One satellite receiver running 3 TV’s.. All you need to do to get the satellite signal to the bedroom is, take a splitter and install to the cable out of the receiver marked to TV. Connect the coax that goes to living room and outside entertainment center. (this goes in the rear left of my cabinet) Then connect a short coax from the other splitter out to the wall connector labeled bedroom. Be sure the power antenna is in the off position and remains off when using the satellite receiver. If the power antenna is needed, just disconnect the satellite receiver.

Theresau

I don't believe this will work with an HD receiver. We did similar in our BH using an SD receiver. We later used an HD and it got an error...

However, I'll try again with the new BC. Would be great to only have to carry 1 receiver...

Problem solved.. One satellite receiver running 3 TV’s.. All you need to do to get the satellite signal to the bedroom is, take a splitter and install to the cable out of the receiver marked to TV. Connect the coax that goes to living room and outside entertainment center. (this goes in the rear left of my cabinet) Then connect a short coax from the other splitter out to the wall connector labeled bedroom. Be sure the power antenna is in the off position and remains off when using the satellite receiver. If the power antenna is needed, just disconnect the satellite receiver.