Microwave exhaust fan

bdb2047

Over this winter noticed exhaust fan in microwave did not seam to be doing anything.Checked from outside and flapper on vent at back of micro was not coming open.Seamed to be blocked.Waited till home and pulled micro. vent was to low for opening in camper.Trimmed about 1/4" from top of vent adpter on mico slid vent up in attachment.Taped and screwed in place.Works fine now.Not sure if something moved or was allways this way.

brianharrison

Mine shows same symptoms as yours (before mods) - thanks for sharing. Another "round-tuit" to add to the list. Brian

gebills

Hi Dave&Eileen: The first time we used the micro, I had smoke everywhere. That, of course, was caused by my stupidity in not being smart enough to open the outside vent. After getting on a routine of opening and closing the latch on the vent, things have greatly improved, but I still notice, that with the microwave running, and in checking the outside flapper, finding it open, that it still seems like we can have more steam/smoke (or what ever is coming from the microwave) in the galley than we should. Since you have brought it up, sounds like good advice that I pull the micro down and inspect what kind of connection is there. Hopefully, it will be as simple as putting in a little foam or duct/alum tape to make certain I have a solid airway. thanx for bringing it up. gebills