SOLVED: Air conditioner comes on with furnace

Brandon

My air conditioner comes on when I turn the furnace on. Does anyone have any fixes for this?
Thanks, Brandon

Rickhansen

Re: Air conditioner comes on with furnace

Hi Brandon,
I'd like to point out the Heartland Owners Forum Heating and Cooling Guide, as well as some other Users Guides. These are "home grown" documents here on the Heartland Owners forum that are a little more real-world and friendly than the manufacturers technical data. The Guides can be found in the above menus at Tools => Manuals => User Guides.

Lynn1130

Perhaps I am missing something but I don't find Manuals or User Guides in the Tools section.

Never mind, I was too literal it is under Heartland Owners Manuals.

Rickhansen

Sorry Lynn, I was "Ad-Libbing". Glad you found the User Guides alright.

Lynn1130

I know that this thread is several months old but since this happened to me, later, and there was no solution mentioned here I thought I would put one in, or at least what solved it for me.

I turned the heat on and both the AC and heat came on. It took a call to Dometic but I found out that by "resetting" the thermostat the problem went away. Depending upon which thermostat you have the owners manual will give you the reset routine.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired

Ours does the same thing and I found setting it to "Auto" seems to correct it. Can you explain how to reset the thermostat?

Last edited:

danemayer

Lynn1130,

When the thermostat FAN setting is changed from AUTO to HIGH or LOW, the A/C blower will run continuously anytime either A/C or Heat is on. The easy way to reset it is to just set the FAN to AUTO. And as mentioned below, we have an owner-written user guide to the Heating and Cooling Systems that covers this and much more. Here's a link.

sdwelling

First time using the furnace this morning in Lake George, NY and the a/c came on, too. Thanks for hitting my nail right on the head!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2