Frigidaire Convection Oven Uneven cooking

Our convection oven consistently cooks hotter in the back left corner. We constantly have to rotate whatever we are cooking so the one side does not burn. Has anyone else had this issue? Should we contact the factory (purchased in Sept. 2012)?

Thanks,
Connie

danemayer

Hi Connie,

i would contact the oven manufacturer. They have the expertise to answer your questions and they would fulfill the warranty if necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jimtoo

Is your table rotating when you turn it on to cook? You may have a stripped gear. The plate should be rotating all the time the oven is on.

Jim M

twohappycampers

Hi Connie. Have the same problem with mine, it's always been that way. Example, baked one of those square frozen pizzas last night and the back left corner and front right corner cooked before the rest. This is when baking on the rectangular metal shelf, right?, not on the round metal rack that sits on the rotating glass plate.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
We bought a Frigidaire convection microwave 2 yrs ago. It takes 80 minutes set at 400 degrees to cook 2 medium baked potatoes in convection mode. Service techs have replaced the "tube" and some sensors with no improvement. (Not sure why they replaced the "tube" for a convection issue)Frigidaire says there's nothing wrong with it....yea, right!

Thanks Jim. Yes, our turntable turns all the time. Just realized that I should be using the round metal rack when making dishes that will fit on that. Certainly should help with the uneven cooking on those. Just need to figure out the others.

Birchwood

Most RV ers that use convection ovens just eat out.We got rid of ours as it never give us a decent meal.
We always use our propane oven when we bake.

HOOKERUP

Hello,We have used our convec.oven a few times and it always has a odor of something burning like wires,any input. thanks

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Most RV ers that use convection ovens just eat out.We got rid of ours as it never give us a decent meal.
We always use our propane oven when we bake.

We are the complete opposite...use the convection oven exclusively. So much so that on the new Landmark we ordered without a gas oven. Not overly fond of the Frigidaire, but do love cooking with convection. When the Frigidaire dies, will probably replace with a GE Profile...our meals come out just fine...even bakes bread, rolls, etc, quite well...

danemayer

Hello,We have used our convec.oven a few times and it always has a odor of something burning like wires,any input. thanks
Hi Hookerup,

I'd check the manual first to see what's ok to leave in the oven when in convection mode. If everything is convection safe, then call the oven manufacturer to see what they advise.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We are the same as Ken and Kathy and use our convection exclusively. The keypad went out on the convection and Frigidaire sent a repair tech out to us to make the repair. No going to the dealer for this service.

twohappycampers

Another thing I'm learning about my Frigidaire convection/microwave. When on bake mode it preheats and stays to temperature fine and things seem to cook okay, except for when I try to cook something on the cooktop at the same time, then the temp in the convection oven starts to go way down and stops baking. I think the heat/steam from whatever I have on the cooktop interferes with the thermostat-thingy in the convection oven somehow. It's a pain! Anyone else find this and find a fix? Thanks.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Another thing I'm learning about my Frigidaire convection/microwave. When on bake mode it preheats and stays to temperature fine and things seem to cook okay, except for when I try to cook something on the cooktop at the same time, then the temp in the convection oven starts to go way down and stops baking. I think the heat/steam from whatever I have on the cooktop interferes with the thermostat-thingy in the convection oven somehow. It's a pain! Anyone else find this and find a fix? Thanks.

You might be on to something there! That would explain a LOT.
We had a Sharp convection microwave before remodeling our kitchen. It was great!