Generator carrier installation

Tom Cobb

I have decided to use two (2) Champion generator inverters for my Big Country 5th wheel. Combined with a parallel kit they are 3400 watts continuous and only wt 48.1 lbs each for a total wt of less than 100 lbs. They are 53 db and are approved for forrest service use. I want to mount them on the rear bumper and put a cage around them for security purposes. The width is 19.3 in. so they won't stick out very far.

The question is this. There appears to be no cross frame between the main rails to connect a hitch to. There might be above the belly cover but haven't gone that far. Is there a kit for a class III or IV hitch to be installed? If not what do ya'll recommend or what have you done for this situation?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I welded two 2 inch receivers on each I-beam of the frame.
Then built a rack that supports my two 2k Kippors and a bunch of other junk.
I have it all in a Gear Deck box built by LETSGOAERO.
Out of sight, out of mind.
Others have done the same and it works out real good.

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe

Thats the way I do my 3K Honda two class 3 recievers welded to the frame and a 2ft X 6ft rack for the gen set and fuel and some wood. Dave may have some pictures, I don't know how to put them on the computer.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a couple of pics.
ahe9usa2.jpg

ama6u8uv.jpg
pymy4upe.jpg
aru2a7eh.jpg

Peace
Dave

Tom Cobb

I couldn't grasp how you welded the hitches on. Thanks a lot I understand now. That is a good idea. Thanks again.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
No problemo. Thats what we're here for. I actually coppied this from Jnbhobe.

Peace
Dave