Garage Awning 2013 Cyclone King

mixie57

As the "user manual" for the RV is severely lacking, we can't figure out what the red tabs on the awning do. Can anyone shed some light on this? Also we got some flaps that were attached to the patio fence and we have no clue where these go.

First Time RV/New 2013 Cyclone 4100 King; as of March 2013
Ford 350 Lariat Diesel

iowaone

I am not sure how to explain the red tabs. I am not near the unit and have only used the awing a couple of times. They are part of the supports that slide out then attach near the door opening. They allow you to extend the supports to tighten the awing.
The flaps slide in a slot just inside the door to fill the gap between railing and camper so kid or pets don't fall. Hope that helps

scottyb

They are pretty complicated until you do it a few times. I'll try to explain it but it may be no better than the manual, w/o photos. The red tabs are to lock the rod from extending or collapsing. 1st You have to open the red tabs to shorten the rod, to release it from it's locked position. Mine are very tight and I was afraid they would break the 1st time I tried it. Once shortened, you lock the tabs again so the whole rod will slide out beyond the end of the awning. Once outside the awning, the whole rod pivots 90 degrees toward the back of the trailer. The knobs on the end act as the knucle or piviot. The rod is composed of three segements so you extend the rod at two points, with the buttons and with the red tabs, enough to reach the sockets mounted on the back of the trailer. Use the red tabs to adjust tension and to level up the awning.

mixie57

Thanks. We got the support arms out and secured and have deployed them several times. However, this evening, in our prep for departure, both of the support arms came out of the track and refused to go back. We had to remove the cap at the end of the awning to pull them out and get them back on the track. Big pain. The thing is we had one in perfectly and when we pulled out the good one to see how it was supposed to go in, then it did the same thing and we had to remove the end cap on that one too. What did we do wrong?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The arms have to be perfectly aligned to get them back in. It will seem like you have to take the end cap off but with the proper alignment, should go back in. It took me a bit to figure this out when it happened to me with my dads cyclone.

scottyb

I know what you mean about jumping track. I was totally confused and almost getting cranky the 1st time mine did that. It seemed like there was no way it was going to pass through the space. Now I know to look for that as it goes back in. Still, If I wait long enough, I will have to learn it all over agin.