What are you using to hang your bath towels?

Brader

Hi Landmark owners, what are you using to hang your bath towels? My Key Largo came with a double clothes hook on the door. Let's hear from you.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I mounted a towel bar under the cabinet over the toilet in our Grand Canyon. We also have a 3 prong hook mounted over the bathroom door.

jjriker

We put a towel rack on the door that we found at Walmart. Harry put double-sided tape under the pieces that go over the door to keep it in place.

IMG_1784.jpg

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
At the Tampa RV show two years ago (and I think again this year) there was a vendor who sold all kinds of towel racks. We bought one of their 3-towel rack and love it. Here's a couple of pictures.

towel rack.JPGrack with towels.JPG

Don't remember the company's name but they have their phone number listed on the towel rack 800-448-6935 if you are interested

doxiecouple

We are also on the search for the right towel holder. Have tried a couple and returned them. Not a show stopper for us so we will keep looking. A couple of the ideas here will be tried this week end.

jbeletti

I usually mount a 24" towel bar, cut down to length, on the wall behind and above the commode. I use short screws into the wall or up into the bottom of a cabinet if present.

I do the same for the bathroom door (inside). On the present coach, I am using an over-the-door set of hooks.

twohappycampers

I use single over-the door hooks. Two over the inside of the bathroom door. Two over the side of the shower beside the sink, to hold washcloth and handtowel. If there were more than two of us, I'd hang two more over-the-door hooks on the outside of the bathroom door. I prefer the hooks over a towel rod or rack because I find it quicker and neater to just flip the towel over the hook rather than to try to fold and feed a towel over a rod and have it hang straight, and hubby would never bother to hang it straight in the first place :) I also think they dry faster hung over a hook. I don't have a Landmark, though, I have a Big Country, so maybe your set up doesn't lend itself to my ideas. Cheers. Lorna

FordMan1966

I mounted 2 Robe hooks on the wall just outside the shower to match the fixtures inside our 2013 Landmark Grand Canyon. They work really well.

Theresau

In our Bighorn like Jim B. we added a towel bar cut to size on the side wall next to the commode, a towel ring on the wall next to the sink, and a double robe hook on the short wall. The shower itself had a towel bar.

Now which of these actually held towels we were using day to day is the question.... Towel racks above the commode and on shower stall were for "show" towels only.....not allowed to be used towels... Robe hook and shower stall itself were used after showers to dry for towels we used. I then would fold and rehang them daily.

For the new Big Country, plan is to put in towel racks (maybe the hotel type that has a shelf above - I'm a decorating nut) over the commode for show towels and wash cloths and over the door rack and robe hook for everyday. (Already bought new towels :)).

Theresa

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I mounted a towel bar under the cabinet over the toilet and a towel ring next to the sink. On the shower door frame, we use thise multi-level towel rack. Originally, it went over the swinging door on our TT, but with pocket doors in the BH, it works as shown. In the kitchen, I mounted a towel hook under the counter top and we have some door hooks that sit on top of the cabinet doors.

View attachment 24117View attachment 24118View attachment 24119View attachment 24120