Install led light strips on my 3850

DougS

Doug S
I have used a similar product, that I bought at the RV show in Tampa. I installed mine on the side of the RV just under the awning, hard wired in. I now use the LED strip light for my patio light. The product I used also has 3M tape, but don't trust it, use clear sealant on under and lower edges to hold the lights secure to the RV.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
A buddy and I did mine. Installed below the awning using the supplied adhesive and so far so good. We've been in heavy rain and have traveled about 900 miles and they're still in place.

Vtxkid

I installed this kit on our RV last weekend. Applied the strip about 3" below the awning track so they could be used if the awning had to be rolled in due to wind, etc... Really nice set-up and works as advertised. When I was shopping for them, I only saw two places selling them online and Camping World was one of them.

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
I purchased a number of the lighting strips on Ebay (pitalam) what you need to look for are 5meter strips, which are most common, waterproof, IP65 rating, 300 LED per strip/60 per meter. 5050 LED or 3528 LED. You can find out the differences with a web search. I bought a RGB, three color strip for about $15 and a white strip for about $9 both with free shipping. You can also find 600 LED strips that are even brighter.

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
You can also get NON Waterproof strips, same specs for half the price. Use these inside under cabinets and especially in the front closet under the shelf. Just steal the power from the 12volt fixtures.

zigzag3337

Here is the thread where I installed them on our 3950

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/32751-Added-New-Awning-LEDs?highlight=

gpshemi

I purchased a number of the lighting strips on Ebay (pitalam) what you need to look for are 5meter strips, which are most common, waterproof, IP65 rating, 300 LED per strip/60 per meter. 5050 LED or 3528 LED. You can find out the differences with a web search. I bought a RGB, three color strip for about $15 and a white strip for about $9 both with free shipping. You can also find 600 LED strips that are even brighter.

That's what I did too. They work great. I made a floater kit for mine though. I may buy some white ones to put under the awning. They're more compact than therope lights. 12 v vs 120v. They don't get hot either.
Floater.jpg

ssober

I bought some off of amazon for $15 a roll. Put some right under the awning by the back door. drilled a hole thru the frame for the awning and fished wires into the tv compartment, then drilled into the loft cavity and fished wires back to the switch that controls the back lights. If the side lights are on the back lights are on.
On the front i ran a strip above the porch light to the front of the front awning and a short strip to the back of the awning. I put a wire along the back of the porch light and drilled a hole into the porch light at about the 7:00 position and put wires and tied into the power for the porch light.

I used warm white led's because I read the don't attract as many bugs.

I will post pics when I get the chance.