Prophetstown State Park Campground (IN)

fhollan

Phrophetstown State Park Campground is one of its kind here in Indiana, since it has 55 full hookups, 50 amp service, several pull-throughs, bordered sites with fine gravel, and pine trees (around 30' tall) surrounding the sites. Not to much shade at this time. It also has numerous water & electric sites, but no shade. It's only been in existance three or four years. It's located just outside West Lafayette, IN off of exit 178 I-65. Very clean!

Also found another BH just three spots from ours. Told him about the forum since he was not familiar with it.

jbeletti

Thanks for telling us about this place. I just may have to add it my "new parks to try" list for 2008. Each year, we try to go to a couple of places we've never been too. Count me in for a state park that has full-hookup, pull-throughs!

Here's a link to the official website for the park.

Link to CG reservations site.

Link to Google Maps aerial view of CG.

Link to Historic Prophetstown website.

Link to Battle Ground, IN website.

Last edited:
Prophetstown is a fantastic family State campground. We live within 45 miles of the campground and camped there 10 weekends in 2009. As good as it is today, it will be even better with about 7or8 more years of growth on those pines. We like the privacy of the campsites to go along with full hook-ups. Nice quiet camping!