Fold out couch/bed rocks.........moves

firstone

North trail 26 LRSS

The couch folds out into an air bed. With the couch in it's normal location I unfold the couch and extend the legs. The couch however rocks or moves front to back because the couch sits higher on the back rest side than the foot side.

I have extended the feet on the legs and they are threaded all the way out, but still come an inch shy of resting on the floor. The only fix right now is to move the whole thing foward dropping the front legs of the couch portion off the slide droping it down an inch or so. Now the fold out legs will sit on the floor and no rocking. However, I do not want to have to shift the whole couch forward everytime it' bed time.

RuralPastor

I know exactly what you're saying, and yes, it is a pain. Here's something you can do: go to Home Depot and look in their hardware department for some threaded feet (a bolt with a plastic base). Attach them to the foldout section to increase the adjustability. I have not done this yet, but plan to before the grandkids come with us again.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I know exactly what you're saying, and yes, it is a pain. Here's something you can do: go to Home Depot and look in their hardware department for some threaded feet (a bolt with a plastic base). Attach them to the foldout section to increase the adjustability. I have not done this yet, but plan to before the grandkids come with us again.
This is a great idea as long as the feet don't come into contact with anything when the couch is folded for normal use.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you can attach the threaded inserts (the nut portion of the feet) to the bed frame, you could remove the feet before folding the bed for storage.

firstone

UP date!!! There are two different wood legs for the couch. The raised slide uses low profile legs and the flat slide uses taller legs. Heartland is sending me the proper legs.

Thanks for the call Heartland, the furniture rep actually called me from the road........Nice!