Replacing couch with new Tri fold couch

Sigma

We bought a 2012 North Trail Caliber 30RKDD last year and have enjoyed it except for the pain of opening up the couch, inflating the air matress, then deflating it and putting it away each morning.
My daughter just bought a 5th wheel Sundance which has a tri fold couch that uses foam instead of an air mattress. The time to set up the couch as a bed and put it away has been reduced significantly. I have not had a chance to visit the dealer yet to discuss getting the tri fold but has anyone replaced their couch & air mattress with the new tri fold style? I would like to hear from you. I have not measured the couch yet but will there be any issues getting it out the door should I decide to switch.

Thanks in advance
Sig

goducks11

I don't know about the tri-fold but I took out my couch in my 26LRSS. It will breakdown with the back coming off and the pullout tray coming out. The legs will come off too. Not really all that hard. Did it my self but another helper would be better. It's not heavy just awkward.

RuralPastor

I don't know about the tri-fold but I took out my couch in my 26LRSS. It will breakdown with the back coming off and the pullout tray coming out. The legs will come off too. Not really all that hard. Did it my self but another helper would be better. It's not heavy just awkward.

Hey Ducks Fan,
If I may ask, what did you put in to replace the couch? I can't wait to do an extraction of ours! Thanks, Mark.

goducks11

We moved the free standing dinette to the rear buy the big window, turned it length wise and put two chairs on the end. Less crowded when walking in and makes it nice for meals. We then moved the two rockers over where the couch and dinette were, and put a small entertainment center on the short wall at the rear of the slideout. We just reposition the rockers when we watch tv. We have a 26" on it with a nice subwoofer/speaker setup. We only watch tv in the spring and fall (maybe 6-8x's) as we are boondocking mostly in the summer and are outside way more. It really opens up the inside of the TT by doing all that. It's just to two of us so we only need 2 chairs.

RuralPastor

You guys are certainly creative. That is a really neat idea. We spent four months in our TT last year. It was nice, but a little claustrophobic at times. We did replace the tiny tv with a 24" (if I recall correctly). It still fits in the recessed cabinet. That makes it easier to see from the chair/couch area. And, the picture quality dramatically improved. I'm working on mounting an aluminum box on the rear pull out bumper to house my two champion inverters. Always something.