SOCAL on fire

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
This may not be the place to post this but you should be here. We live about 40 miles north of San Deigo off the 15. The sky has been brown for 3 days. Our whole house, patio and driveway is gray from all the ash and dirt in the air. We went to Vegas for the youngest sons wedding last weekend, left monday morning at 9 am and did not get home until almost 7 pm. All the freeways where shut down, we just sat on the 15 for 3 hours. The 15 must have been backed up back to Vegas. When they let us move again they put on the 215 at Devor went 3 miles and sat for 2 more hrs.and watched all the hills around us burn. Even the wood posts for the guard rails were still burning when we finally got to move. It is a real mess out here, we need some RAIN. Please everybody do a rain dance for us and the people in the south that have run out of water in there towns. BOB and Patty PS a little praying would not hurt either

Bob&Patty

socal

SJRELLIS, thank you. These people out here have lost every thing. They are living at the Football stadium in San Deigo. Right now all the dirt and ash are about 1 in high at back wall of our home on the patio. The wind was so bad in Vegas saturday night all the chairs and cushions were blown in the pools. Dont know what else to say, its just BAD out here and the wind is still blowing. Now we have blankity blank morons going out and trying to start fires, just caught 2 more, cant believe that all these fires started by them selves. Bob and Pat

sjrellis

Watching this unfold on the news is...well...unbelieveable! I can't even imagine what it is really like to be there. I remember in the summer of 1980 (?) when Mt. St. Helens erupted. The summer sky was just dull and gray...IN TEXAS!

I cannnot understand how people can start these fires on purpose. :mad: What are they thinking?

Stay safe!

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Bob and Patty
Sure wish that we could send you a couple of days of our rain. We have sent our biggest waterbomber this morning. They figured a 6 hr flight and would start water bombing as soon as they get there.
best of luck
Rand

jpmorgan37

We watched Charlie Gibson's special last night and it was almost unimaginable. We will definitely remember you, and all that have been affected by these fires, in our prayers.

John & Sue

Uncle Rog

We are 20 miles north of Bob and Patty, send some shovels and weed eaters with the rain so people might finally clear a fire free zone around their houses! We are between the Arrowhead fire and the Sdgo fire. Over the years our hills have burned many times. I have lived here my entire life and the wind blows like **** every Oct / Nov......We live in the chaparral but we have 200'+ of clear area around the house. It is a real shame that people lose every thing they have just because they did not know or were not concerned enough to prepare their property........................

Uncle Rog

Mother Earth.....

We were just watching the news and some east coast intellectual anchor man was just explaining how the life has been burned out of the Calif soil, knucklehead.....I guarantee you that the vegetation here will start to take off with one half way good rain. Some of the plants actually need to be burned in order to get the dropped seeds going. These fires are a tragedy but not an apocalyptic event. I have many friends who have been displaced by the fires, most because somebody else did not do the brush clearance required. Best wishes to those who lost their homes and stuff..

Bob&Patty

mother earth

Uncle Rog, I was just watching tonights news, a guy said it is our fault that some these fires are so bad. Because we build where we should not have and that we dont let the fires burn themselves out. I believe he is right the forests (not forrest featheroff) should purge themselves as nature intended. The headlines now have said that FBI is now looking for numerious arsonest. Hope they find them, hang them by the ankles and drag them through a couple of fires. Love to all of you that care. Bob and patty PS Forrest can purge himself if he wants to

Mariposa

Fire bug

Sjrellis
Have had a change to talk to a couple of fire bugs, One still ask the question "what are they thinking"? You are right. It is still hard to understand their thinking. Most of us don't think that way.It takes special people to find and arrest them.
Bob

Pulltab

Bob, hope your home is safe and that they get it under control soon. What you suggested is too nice for the people responsible. I could think of much better things but getting it stopped is the most important. Be safe!

sharmulst

Our prayers and thoughts are with all of southern Calif. Our son who lives in Ramona lost his home in the Cedar fire 4 years ago. You all know what happened to that arsonist not much. They had to evacuate and very nearly lost their home this time. As of last night (24th) it was still standing and they had power back but no water yet. Lots of dirt, dust and ash in the house. All their animals are fine, horses-cats-dogs. God speed to all of you in harms way.

Garry & Bev

travel bug
Our hearts and prayers go out to you and everyone in that area. Years ago we experienced something similar in the porcupine hills near here. A very dry rangeland with lots of sage brush and prairie grass. Terrible, but nothing like you are experiencing there. Take care and be safe.

Bob&Patty

Hey pulltab, I can think of some better things but I have to be nice. 5 people have died in the fire mess and 40 fire fighters a injured, and 1 billon $ in damage. Spank thier hands and set them in a corner?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Bob

Bob&Patty

Revenge at last

UncleRog and Pulltab, did you guys see todays paper???? Cops shot and I guess killed a arsonest somewhere up north of us (me and roger) tried to run over a cop after they caught him at it. WHOOOOOOOPEEEEE and YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Bob:D :D :D

Pulltab

Yes I did hear that on the news! When caught red handed I don't think there should ever be any question of what to do. That guy forced their hand and saved us a ton of money plus removed some scum from the earth!

Uncle Rog

Bob / PT, yes it was good to see that somebody was "caught". The media here is so liberal that they gave it very little coverage. I am sure that the folks at the "BC'S" would rather have offered some therapy / sensitivity training and then set him up on some sort of government entitlement program in order to rehabilitate him. I understand they have a vaccination that cures most of these folks with only one treatment, wish they would use it more often here.................

Bob&Patty

Uncle Rog, maybe we could get one of the Heartland gang in Texas get to get us some, I KNOW that they have it in Texas. Ron White said "that those people go to head of the line in Texas". Anyway the reward is 250K now and 3 more have been arrested. YEEEEEHAAAAA. A bit of trivia, the last hanging in California was in Temecula/Murrieta. Bob PS we also give them cheese with their Whine

Uncle Rog

The last couple of days have been ugly, lots of ash and smoke out of the north. With the Santa Ana's dying out the stuff goes straight up and the upper level drafts spread it out like an ugly fog. We normally can see 40 miles to the East / West / South, not so for the last couple of days. We are outfitting the Horn for some trips in the next few weeks....be good y'all....................

We have been stalling as temps are still in the 90's and a little cool off would be nice................