How do you like your Big Horn?

glen

hi, :D am curious about how owners of Big Horns like their 5ers? How many have had 5ers previous to the Big Horn and how they compare? Would you recommend a Big Horn to your brothers or sisters? Would you recommend a Big Horn as a "full timer" rig? I realize that the Big Horn is a new line and that your experiences with them may not be extensive .... we are considering new 5ers at this time ... currently have an '02 Montana 3670RL and am looking for a 5er with more space in and around the bed, a king size bed, space for a clothes dryer, option of a 12 cu ft Fridge just to name a few of the reasons we are looking ...
Thanks in advance :cool:

hi again ... no response so far ... be gone till 9 July, short trip to the coast, hope you people give me just a little input :confused:

Last edited:

Dusty

I took delivery on my Bighorn in early April, have had a couple of minor glitches that one comes to expect with a new vehicle of any sort. Over all, I am very happy with my trailer, I bought the 3500RL. So far we have towed it about 3000 miles. It tows great, the king size bed beats the queen size I had in my Terry all to pieces. I dont full time, (wife needs a nesting place) so I dont know about how that would be. We spend as much time as we can in the trailer though. I plan to retire next year and hopefully will be able to spend more time in it.

The walk-in closet is very nice, we have the hook ups for a washer but being a forward thinking type guy, I have a wine chiller there instead. My previous trailer was a 32 foot Terry 5ver and while it was adequate, it wasnt nearly as nice as the Bighorn. Any required responses needed from either Heartland or my dealer (ExploreUSA) in texas, have been handled quickly and satisfactoraly.

I like it.

Dusty

DJGood

Love it

HI, we took delivery of our Big Horn in May, and just love it. Yes, we had a couple of minor problems, but the dealership was wonderful and handled everything for us.

We have only been able to go out a couple of times, but it is wonderful. I would recommend a Big Horn to anyone looking for a new 5er. We have the 3500RL with the optional island in the kitchen. It has plenty of room for the two of us, lots of closet space and the king bed is very nice. This is our first RV and it was a big jump for us to go into such a unit. We are thrilled.

For Chris and I, we are extremely happy and look forward to many years of enjoying our new Big Horn.

Take care
Debi

JIMnMICK

Fulltimming Workampers
Hi all we have had our bighorn 3400rl about 4 weeks know and so far we have nothing but good things to say about it. Yes we have had some minor problems but nothing big our dealer is great. We fultime in ours we are curently working at a campground in the smokies everyone here really likes our bighorn . We have been to the factory and the workers there are trying hard to put out a quality product. We love our BIGHORN....:D

BobD

Waiting for 3600 BH

We have a 3600 BH ordered. It should be out of the factory on the 15th and delivered on the 16th of this month. Sure hope if any problems do show up that they are minor as my dealer is in Kansas and we are in Michigan! Can't wait to get it and start full timing.

:D Bob in Michigan

glen

hi, thanks for all the input ... we drove over to the coast this last week and had a chance to see three Big Horns in person. From a "materials used" point of view and engineering we were quite pleased with what we saw. Price wise, they are very competitive, but we are holding off trading in for one until they are out a couple of years. We are hopping that their quality control improves or they hire some craftsman. We made a list of at least a dozen items on each of them, that would need to be corrected before dilivery, aaaannnndddd the dealership seemed totally unaware of any of these problems, which makes us think that looking at a different dealership might be in order.

be dropping back ever so often, to see how you all are progressing.

Last edited:

BobD

First off, I would like to say I was very pleased at seeing that this forum still is operational. I have learned so much just reading the posts so far. We just took delivery of our 3600 BH a few hours ago and just took a break from packing it up for the trip up north tomorrow. It certainly looked every bit as nice as we were hoping for. Our dealer was really super friendly and downright honest with us. So far no problems have shown up other than a few drawers open during the delivery.That is something I can live with till I get a chance to make a cure for that. I might add that this unit was picked up directly from the factory and delivered straight to me without being prepped at the dealership and still looked great! Hope to read more on this forum when I get back from the first trip.

jbeletti

BobD,

Congrats on taking delivery of your BigHorn. Have fun on your first run and be sure to try everything on the coach (all systems, all devices). Let us know how it went.

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Hi Bob,
Two questions, where are you going up north? I am going to Sterling State Park tomorrow thru Sunday then next Thursday to Petoskey KOA for 1 1/2 weeks. Labor day weekend I will be at Addison Oaks, not far from you. If you ever see a Landmark around wave and if I am camping stop in and say Hello. Always a cold one waiting, Coke or Pepsi only for me but wife may have wine or a Margaritta waiting.
Did you have to pay extra for direct delivery? I will be very interested in seeing how your first trip turns out especially since there was no dealer prep involved.
Thanks and please keep all of us posted.