Auto On TV

I bought a 2009 Big Country RV with a Jensen TV that seems to be possessed. I don't see a model #, but the TV has a viewable diagonal of 26". When I first brought the RV home and plugged it in via an extension cord, I noted that every time I went out there, the TV was "on". I talked to my dealer about this and was told that voltage fluctuations caused by the extension cord (between the house and the RV) could cause this problem. I started leaving the TV unplugged while the RV was plugged in. Last year, I replaced the TV in the RV and brought the Jensen into my house. I now note that the TV turns itself on every day at the same time. Since I no longer have a long extension cord between the house and the TV, voltage fluctuations cannot be the cause. Plus, the regular startup time at the same time every day would rule out voltage fluctuations as a cause. I have gone into the setup menu and have completed a full reset of the TV at least a couple of times. No effect. The TV still turns itself on at the same time each day. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Can you tell me how to shut this 'feature' off? Thank you in advance.

jbeletti

Bruce,

There was a firmware update for those older sets that fixed that. Contact ASA Electronics to see about getting the firmware update box sent to you or a dealer to flash the TV.

ASA (Jensen/Voyager)
877-845-8750
ASA's Website
eMail ASA

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, that's a head scratcher.
There are two things you might try.
Exorcism or contact Jensen Customer Service.
I would go the customer service route.
There should be some sort of label on that TV somewhere or the model number embossed in the plastic. Or Jensen Customer Service will be able to tell you where to look.
Come back and let us know how you make out.

Peace
Dave

Speedy

Power up the TV and get to the menu screen and see if there is a timer on setting or auto on setting. I think the timer is set to on.

Thanks Speedy, but that was the first thing I looked for. Thank you jbeletti. I'm happy to hear there is a simple fix. I may give you a call for details. I appreciate everyone's fast response. Muc gratitude!!!

jbeletti

Thanks Speedy, but that was the first thing I looked for. Thank you jbeletti. I'm happy to hear there is a simple fix. I may give you a call for details. I appreciate everyone's fast response. Muc gratitude!!!

Hi Bruce - I don't have any details. Just give ASA a call to see what the process is.