TV wiring

sjrellis

IIRC there has been discussion about the televisions not viewing the same channels. We are connected to cable and the tv in the bedroom gets all channels, while the tv in the lr only gets a handful of stations. Is there an easy fix for this? Or is this a factory wiring issue (which is what I seem to remember).

Jimmyt5

sjrellis said:
IIRC there has been discussion about the televisions not viewing the same channels. We are connected to cable and the tv in the bedroom gets all channels, while the tv in the lr only gets a handful of stations. Is there an easy fix for this? Or is this a factory wiring issue (which is what I seem to remember).

You probably need to make sure that your LR TV is set to cable...at least this is a good start

Jim

SmokeyBare

Also Make sure when using Cable supplied by a Campground... that the Power Switch for the Amplifer for your RV's TV Antenna is turned off. That the RED light is not GLOWING....

In My BigHorn it's located beside the Bedroom TV.

sjrellis

Now there is a new twist. RV dealer went out today (while dh was at work) and fixed it. But, now the lr tv gets many more channels than the br tv?. Can anyone 'splain that one?

this is from cable supplied by cg.

sgtbigb

More channels

I found the same thing that the Olivia TV got more channels that the non HD TV. Maybe the HD tv can pick more channels?:eek:

BJ'sDad

Sounds like one TV has a digital receiver and the other one only has the analog which will be needing the "box" in 09 when all TV signals will be in digital only.

With the new TV's you'll not only get the analog stations, but the digital HD channels as well, if you look closely, many times you will have duplicate channels, one will be HD and the second one will be the "old style" analog.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
The TV that come in our bedroom was an analog unit even though our dealer told us that all tv's that were put in the trailers would nave a digital tuner. I am surprised that they are still putting analog tv's in the units since they will not be usable in 2009 without a converter.
Every time you move any distance or change from cable to antenna or vice versa you will need to select the proper input (cable or antenna) and run a scan on both tv's to insure you receive all channels in your area.

Don

Jimmyt5

Goldenwingers said:
Every time you move any distance or change from cable to antenna or vice versa you will need to select the proper input (cable or antenna) and run a scan on both tv's to insure you receive all channels in your area.

Don

Don I think this is one thing that people have problems with, I have helped a lot of people with new rigs with this problem.

Jim

dbarnard

I've found that most every RV park we stay at has a different cable selection of programs, so I always do a channel search. Go to "Menu","Setup","TV","Auto Channel Search","Cable", & "Auto". Sometimes the search takes 5 minutes or so.

DaleB