2013 Road Warrior 390 - Where is the water pump?

Johnboy3

I just bought this unit and it seems like I may have a line or something leaking to the inlet of the pump letting it suck air. I have been taking panels off but cannot locate the water pump. Anyone know how to get to it?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Johnboy3 and welcome to the forum. Lots of great information here.
Normally on a 5th wheel the water pump is located behind the wall in the basement.
I don't know that for a fact on your RW, but I am sure that someone with your model will chime in with the correct information.

Peace
Dave

Johnboy3

It definitely has a leak. There is a constant drip out the bottom of the rv where I can hear the pump when it's running. And it keeps losing prime, so I'm going to assume that the line is probably just a little loose on the inlet. I still can't figure out how to get to it. I am just going to have to start removing panels.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Most likely it will be on the left/drivers back wall of storage compartment side of your RW.

Johnboy3

Finally found it. It is on the passenger side. You have remove the carpeted panel underneath and it's behind a power invertor box thing. Kind of a pain to get to and impossible to see. And yep, the pump itself is leaking.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There is a screw on sediment filter and two fittings on the pump.
One or more could be loose.
They are all to be tightened by hand.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Finally found it. It is on the passenger side. You have remove the carpeted panel underneath and it's behind a power invertor box thing. Kind of a pain to get to and impossible to see. And yep, the pump itself is leaking.

Just so you know the correct terminology you have a Converter (changes 120v ac to 12v dc) not an inverter (changes 12v dc to 120v ac). Thought you would like to know. BTW the Converter also serves to charge the battery.