New RV Delivery Process

We just recently signed our Buyers Order for a 2013 BC 3691SK. Heading to the dealer later this week for a walk through and checkout. Planning to have it delivered on-site and not move it for at least six months as we'll park it close to where we spend long weekends. This is our first fifth wheel and second camper (first was a 26' Dutchman TT when the kids were small many years ago).

Any tips for going through the "closing" and delivery process?

I believe the dealer is giving us a startup kit for hookup but any suggestions on what I should bring for the initial setup? I read on here that a water pressure regulator is important due to the tendency for leaks due to high supply pressure. True?

Thanks

danemayer

Hi geaux_tigers,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Campground water pressure can vary and in some locations can be high enough to cause leaks or even damage your plumbing. A good regulator will protect you while permitting good water flow.

I'm sure you'll have suggestions on your other points shortly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
And of course it goes without saying... Be sure to turn your water off at the spigot when leaving for any length of time.

MCTalley

Some dealers provide starter kits, others provide some type of credit, others leave you to your own devices. Our dealer had a camp store and gave us a credit in their store. However, that wasn't near enough to buy the essentials. While they were finishing up some items on the trailer, we excused ourselves to drive up the road to Walmart and picked up:

20' white water hose
2 x 10' sewer hoses
wheel chocks
camp toilet paper

We used our credit at the dealer to get a stack of plastic leveling blocks (lego blocks)
We also picked up a water regulator there, as well

Those should at least get you home and set up for the first time.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Welcome!
Here are some other items you may want to bring along to get started:
Some bottled water for use until you have time to sanitize your water system
Deodorizer for the black water tank
Electrical Adaptors in case your shoreline doesn't match the power available at your campground
Then there's the household stuff....hand soap, towels, etc.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Get a GOOD water pressure regulator that is adjustable and has a gauge. Also get a water hose that is dedicated to use only for the black tank flush. Get good drain hoses and a clear plastic fitting so you can see when the black tank is clean. 1 word of caution, dont go crazy buying stuff that in time you never use anyway. Little by little buy stuff like socks, undies, plastic plates, paper plates and holders, coffee cups, silverware, extra shirts, pants, coats. and shoes and leave them in your trailer. This way all you have to do is take food with you to go camping. If your campsite might have an issue with fuzzy critters, put drier sheets in all the lower cabinets and around in the coach. Critters dont like them.