Back Up Cameras

New to the Forum.

Any suggestions for other brands/models of wireless backup cameras other than the Voyager. Just purchased a barely used 2012 Edge M22 with a Honda Pilot as a TV. Would like to add a wireless backup camera, and although the Voyager looks nice (comments about needing better resolution is a concern), wanted to see if there were other options that people have had success without spending $1000+. New to the towing game as just sold Class C, and seeing a real need for the camera moving forward.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Just used the "IBall" camera I got for Christmas. Worked like a charm. Backed up to a 1/4" of the ball on my utility trailer, on the first try. No more getting out 4-5 times to get hooked up. Love it.

TXTiger

I have been looking into getting a back up camera as well. I have a fifth wheel and am not interested in a camera for a ball hitch. I travel alone and do not have anyone to direct me as I back up my fifth wheel. Would like info on a two camera system that I can put one camera on the back of the fifth wheel and one on the back of the truck for hitching up. Or a system where I can move the camera to either position as needed.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I have been looking into getting a back up camera as well. I have a fifth wheel and am not interested in a camera for a ball hitch. I travel alone and do not have anyone to direct me as I back up my fifth wheel. Would like info on a two camera system that I can put one camera on the back of the fifth wheel and one on the back of the truck for hitching up. Or a system where I can move the camera to either position as needed.

I have a TriFold tonneau cover and when folded to haul the fifth wheel, I can attach the camera to the metal support brace that goes accross the center. It also works great attached to the tailgate. You get a better view looking down at the hitch. I would imagine you could stick it on the back bumper of the trailer, when backing in. I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks for the tips. I am now looking at the IBall...nice since with magnet you could use for either backing up to hitch or put on back of trailer to see when backing whole unit. Nice unit, nice price, and no installation. Says it works up to 100", if it works 50% of that should work for me. Thanks for the tip.

TXTiger

I have a TriFold tonneau cover and when folded to haul the fifth wheel, I can attach the camera to the metal support brace that goes accross the center. It also works great attached to the tailgate. You get a better view looking down at the hitch. I would imagine you could stick it on the back bumper of the trailer, when backing in. I haven't tried it yet.

What brand of camera are you using?