ATF: Gateway - Air Mattress

mikeyy53

When we took delivery of our 3200RE. It came with an air mattress. The dealer didn't know where it was used, as the seating area is recliners.

Does the heat pads have a temperature control that automatically turns them on and off. Ours was left on by the dealer and I'm wondering if they damaged the holding tanks.

danemayer

Hi mikeyy53,

Not sure about the air mattress. We have a sofa that has an air mattress inside.

The tank heating pads that come with the Yeti package are turned on by the lighted wall type switch in the control panel. There may be two - one for the water heater electric side, and the other for tank heaters.

If the tank heaters are left on for an extended period with no water in the tanks, the pads can burn holes in the tanks. I don't know how long it takes. I burned a hole in one of my gray tanks at some point during a six week period, but the other survived.

Btw, if the water heater is turned on with no water, the electric element will burn out very quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mikeyy53

Our BC had the air mattress, like your LM. With the Gateway we have an air mattress & pump, but no place to use it. confusing. Found the heating pad switch by accident, it's an unlabel switch that everyone wants to turn on to see what it controls.

Eddhuy

The sofa in the Gateway has 3 recliners and does not make into a bed. The specs say it sleeps 3-4, it is possible they provide an air mattress for the floor?