His & Hers Nightstands

bwc1950

DSC00313.jpgDSC00314.jpg

My design suggestion for the 3260 bedroom. These two photos are from a previous RV that I owned and as usual, a picture is worth a thousand words. While I can see that with a King size bed, this option would not be available without making the slideout wider, it's a feature that I'm suggesting as an option included with the Queen bed option (our preference). Both my wife and I need a place for a clock and eyeglasses that can be reached without getting out of bed. Also, the cabinets on each side are my preference rather than cabinets across/above the bed (I guess I don't like kneeling on the bed to reach an overhead cabinet). The 3260 seems to have plenty of closet storage for bed linens. Whether or not a larger window above the bed is an advantage, this layout provides wall space for a larger window. I would choose this layout over smaller windows on each side of the bed. Note in both photos that there is 120v outlets in both nightstands. I sleep with a CPAP machine (many of us use CPAP's?) that needs a power source without having to run a cord across the floor. Thanks for looking and reading.

dalspot

Thanks for posting that - I love the idea! Should be included for all floor plans. Doesn't look like they would add more than 8-10" to a slide width. The dual outlets are a great idea too.

Karen

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
We ordered our BC 3500RL with a Queen bed (King is standard), and were pleasantly surprised that Heartland gave us wood night stands on each side of the bed, very much like BWC1950 shows in his pictures above. We also have 120V socket in the bed base on each side which would allow plugging in a CPAP or any other electrical device such as heat pad or electric blanket.:D

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Carol and I ordered a queen bed knowing that we would have a side cabinet on both sides of the bed. This is important to me because of my cpap macine. I also love the extra room between the bed and the front closet that a queen bed provides. I had them add a 12v outlet next to the bed so I can run my cpap on battery power when we dry camp and cannot use the generator.

pegmikef

We too are ordering a queen IPO king for the same reason in our soon to be ordered BH 3010 RE