Carpet

rlkubi

All, we have a North Trail and it has carpet all along the slide by the dinette, couch and then at the end by the two swivel rockers. I can see this getting dirty because of mud, etc. How do you keep it clean etc. Also there it no strip along the carpet so I'm afraid mopping is going to make it dirty too. I'm not trying to be anal but want to keep it looking nice.

Thanks for your help!

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
We remove shoes and boots before entering trailer (and leave them outside in a covered storage container). Be sure to check for spiders and scorpions before putting shoes and boots back on!!! An occasional carpet cleaner in an aerosol can followed with the vacuum will keep it looking and smelling good.

RuralPastor

We place a 6 foot long rug runner from the entryway extending past the rockers. Our carpet looks like new in that area.

ankie3467

I found some construction grade sticky clear plastic. Vacuum first and then apply this plastic. I replace every year. My carpet looks brand new. I even took one of those chair roller hard plastic pads that you lay on carpet and cut to fit under our table. I really like it. We camp in all weather and at times can get pretty ugly inside.

RanCarr

All, we have a North Trail and it has carpet all along the slide by the dinette, couch and then at the end by the two swivel rockers. I can see this getting dirty because of mud, etc. How do you keep it clean etc. Also there it no strip along the carpet so I'm afraid mopping is going to make it dirty too. I'm not trying to be anal but want to keep it looking nice.

Thanks for your help!

You would have to use one of those small carpet shampooers. Fortunately our NorthTrail has no carpeting. We didn't want carpeting. :) I use those throw rugs and shake them out every few days. When they need it, they go in the washing machine.

Last edited:

ParkIt

You would have to use one of those small carpet shampooers. Fortunately our NorthTrail has no carpeting. We didn't want carpeting. :) I use those throw rugs and shake them out every few days. When they need it, the go in the washing machine.
Wish ours didn't have carpet in the living area but that's what the throw rugs are for as well as a shoe bin right outside the door. We haven't told the dogs yet they will have to sit still to get a paw wipe, that's going to be a struggle I'm not looking forward to.

donr827

Wish ours didn't have carpet in the living area but that's what the throw rugs are for as well as a shoe bin right outside the door. We haven't told the dogs yet they will have to sit still to get a paw wipe, that's going to be a struggle I'm not looking forward to.

What I do with our dog is to keep a small towel that I hang from the hand rail and wipe the paws off while the dog sits on the stairs. Our dog only weighs 14 pounds so this is a easy job.
Don

pegmikef

We periodically use our house rug shampooer on the carpet and it makes it look new. We carry a small vac with us and that keeps it pretty clean and fluffed up. We have a strip of indoor/outdoor fine pile carpet that we run parallel to the carpet so there is rarely the need to mop any thing. I use the shampooer on the indoor/outdoor carpet as well.