RVers GOOP Elastometric Adhesive/Sealant

wdk450

Gang:
One problem with the Goop products is that once a tube is opened, you are still able to get the remnants out, but it doesn't flow so freely and isn't so sticky anymore. When I repaired medical devices I bought Goop in its industrial labeled tube, "E-3000". I was recently walking through the "Crafts" section of my local WalMart and saw a 3 pack of E-3000 tubes smaller than the single size I find in the RVing section of the store. I will buy some of these to help with the lack of stickiness problem. About the same policy as I have for tubes of super glue. Open once and discard the rest.
Some formulations of Goop products like the RV, Auto, and Outdoor labelled tubes have an U.V. ray inhibitor. That is the only difference between all the formulations of this product the manufacturer, Eclectic Products, sells.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bill,
Thanks for the tip.
I put any of those Goop type adhesives in a zip lock and squeeze out all the air, even if it has a cap.
This seems to preserve it for a bit longer. Trace

wdk450

Bill,
Thanks for the tip.
I put any of those Goop type adhesives in a zip lock and squeeze out all the air, even if it has a cap.
This seems to preserve it for a bit longer. Trace

Trace:
Maybe I will put the kitchen vacuum food sealer to some more use.

ParkIt

Trace:
Maybe I will put the kitchen vacuum food sealer to some more use.
Ha! I knew I kept the food sealer for a reason...never thought to use it for my shop stuff though, great idea.

If you want a great sealant try this product. I did not have enough time to replace a major cracked skylight and I put this over the crack out about 2" from the crack and it held on our 10 day south trip with no problem-I probably could have left it go and not fixed it. This stuff is great and the tube does not seem to dry out. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012DIUYW/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hmmm, will have to research this. Haven't seen it before, sounds like it should be in the tool box when in a pinch. Thanks for the link.

wdk450

The 2nd sealant mentioned sounds pretty good, but Goop products can be found at any WalMart.