more on crazy convection oven

twohappycampers

I posted earlier about: cooking on the stovetop while using the convection oven seems to interfere with the thermostat, and the convection starts acting wonky (ie temperature drops). Now I've discovered the same thing happens when I have the lights under the oven on - again, the heat from the lights appears to interfere with the thermostat. I don't know how such things work, all I know is that I have to have the lights turned off and not be using the stovetop if I want the temperature maintained in the convection oven. So I have to finish using the convection oven, then try to keep whatever I cooked in it warm while I cook something on the stovetop. Or even trying to use the oven below would heat things up too much, I'm guessing, I haven't used the oven for months it's so difficult to light and then won't stay lit half the time, and won't stay on pilot either. What a pain! This stove has been giving me grief from day one, keep getting it repaired, the top burners act up now and then ...Okay, sorry, too long a story - I'd just love to tear the whole stovetop/oven out of here! (Sorry, can't break into another paragraph). I know I'm not the only one who is unhappy with their stovetop/oven, I think people have even torn them out or at least stopped using them and found a substitute. I'd love to know what others are using to make cooking and baking a happy experience. Thanks! Oh, and other than using the barbeque :)