Any good web sites for looking into fuel prices?

firstone

Looking for a good sight that will tell me best place to fuel up along my trip. I have one but it's limited.

Lynn1130

Re: Any good web sights for looking into fuel prices?

GasBuddy has worked well for me. I have it on my Iphone and track cities down the line as I go.

firstone

Thanks, I think that is the one I have on my computer was just looking to see if there was a better one.

MTPockets

Filled up 1 hr ago in Roswell, NM at Sam's Club - 3.34/gal for Diesel! ... I felt good about that.....

rjr6150

I've had pretty good luck with Fuelbook on my iPhone

ILH

I use gas buddy and also log my fuel purchases with it.

I should mention that it good for international travel.

Sumo

No Gas Buddy you can't sort for stations that accommodate big rigs.
Also, a Gas Buddy user.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Don't fuel up with the trailer attached.. Get an auxiliary fuel tank. I never fuel up with my trailer and don't want to ever again.. That is why I installed a 45gal tank in the bed. Only place I would even think of it is in a truck stop but the fuel is more expensive there.

FWIW
BC

Lynn1130

OK, I will bite. Do you unhook and then drive to the pump? Seems like a big waste of time if that is what you are doing. But then I guess I am retired and have plenty of time too. I have a 52 gal tank but at 10 mpg I am good for about 400 miles before I start looking for some place to fuel. I also may stop sooner if GasBuddy tells me that the prices are better earlier in the trip. In any case, no matter how easy it is to unhook a 5th wheel I am not going to take that time just to save $5 in fuel cost.

Right now fuel prices are all over the board. It is still $4 or more in some places and $3.50 in others.

Sorry, I took this off track.

dfk009

Lynn1130, have to agree 100% with you. Trust my Gas Buddy app to get the best prices along the route.

jnbhobe

As I said earlier I use Gas Buddy to find the best prices, I fill when I need to or there is a great price and I have a 98 gal. capacity. It also doesn't make a difference if I'm hooked up or not I just watch where I'm pulling into.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We use gas buddy, too. Just got an aux fuel tank. It's wonderful!!! We no longer have to look for fuel every 200 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk