SOLVED: Thermostat problem

KaosAD

I have a Coleman-Mack thermostat and it's worked perfect all winter. In the last two nights I have woke up freezing to find the furnace not running and it was running fine before I went to sleep. The first night all I did was turn the heat switch off at the thermostat and back on. The furnace then fired back up and ran fine the rest of the night. So when I woke up in the morning I took some canned compressed air and blew out all the contacts. Then last night it did it again, so I just turned the heat switch at the thermostat off and back on and bingo, it fired up and ran fine the rest of the night. No breakers are tripping, no apparent power problems, any ideas what may be causing this?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Re: Thermostat problem

my first thought would be low tank pressure or frost buildup within the tank. a regulator that is not automatically switching over to the other tank could cause an issue too.

danemayer

x2 on low gas pressure. Could be a regulator or pigtail problem, or just a tank getting low. Take a look at our Heating and Cooling Guide. The Heating section discusses possible causes and remedies. The last page discusses the problem of cold weather and how it affects propane flow.

KaosAD

Thanks guys, after Silverado23 mentioned pressure last night I went out to check. I checked the tank that the regulator was switched to and it was pretty low but still had propane. So then I checked the other tank, just put a new tank on the other side last week. Someone or something must have distracted me when I was hooking it up, just say hello to me and I get side tracked, must be a getting older thing. As much as I hate to admit it, I never opened up the valve on the new tank :eek: Furnace ran fine all night last night. Again thanks for the help guys.