Olevia TV adjustments

dbarnard

Our 3055RL has the Olevia 26" Flatscreen. When I look at it in the 1:1 mode it looks fine, but in "fullscreen" or "panoramic" the subjects look distorted. I assume it has to do with the aspect ratio. Can someone tell me how to adjust it or is that just the way it is? Thank You.

Forrest Fetherolf

You have two choices..........4x3 ratio normal or 16x9 ratio distorted. The 4x3 ratio will show the scene in normal height and width, but not fill the screen width, the 16x9 ratio will show the scene in full width, but distort the scene much wider than normal. When television goes to the 16x9 ratio programing the wide screen will look normal. Until then, you can watch normal people or make them look fat.

Forrest

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
Well jeesh and here I thought it was about time they started using some more normal sized actors and models and all this time its just the tv????

BJ'sDad

It's not the TV, it's the networks showing so many shows today only in widescreen that is messing it up:mad: . I can't for the life of me figure out why they broadcast in different resolutions, I guess they don't really care about who's keeping them on anymore. It was really bad when I had the older 32 inch set that I couldn't change the resolution on, many of my favorite shows went to widescreen and I got tired of watching them in a 28 in tall swipe across the middle of the screen so I quit watching them altogether until I finally gave up and bought the new sets.

I'm constantly adjusting the resolution on mine, the Vizeo I have in the Sundance sometimes will not adjust because of the broadcast resolution.
The Samsung I have at home is much better, no matter what resolution it is being broadcast in I can choose from 4 or 5 different resolutions.

And yes, no matter what, they will distort the picture somewhat.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChopperBill

I have the old tube 4.3 types in the house and Bighorn. Work good but heavy. I am so use to seeing a "normal" picture that when I go to someones house with a wide screen it drives me nuts Looking at all the short fat people! They are so use to it they dont notice.

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
What brand of sets are folks using in the bedroom? We're looking at a "Polaroid" HDTV 20" unit from Wal-mart. I'm not certain if it will be distorted, either. We don't have the new unit delivered, yet, so we have time to do comparisons. Also, how do any of you secure them in the space for the bedroom TV?

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
caddojay:
Check out this thread. It has some great ideas on mounting a second lcd tv in the bedroom.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=3683&highlight=bedroom