Rear motor vs front hydraulics

whanner

It doesn't make much sense to brag about the speed of the front hydraulic jacks when you pair it with the slooooow rear electric stabilizer jacks. All BCs should all come with 6 point hydraulic jacks as standard. I can get the front up and down quick but those rear stabilizer jacks leave you wishing for hydraulics! The BC is too nice a rig to not have 6 point leveling.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I believe the Level-Up is an option when ordering a BC.
After-market, you are talking about $5K to retrofit your rig. Trace

danemayer

All BCs should all come with 6 point hydraulic jacks as standard.
There might be some people who would like a great coach like the Big Country, but can't afford every option. Choice is good.

Westwind

I can handle the speed of the rear levelers, it's the noise that gets to me - traveling home from Florida this year I didn't put them down at night, even though I wanted to, so that I wouldn't wake anyone up in the campground when we left in the morning. By the way it's not just mine, same brand levelers different brand trailer, just as noisy.
Heartland could do better.

JanAndBill

There might be some people who would like a great coach like the Big Country, but can't afford every option. Choice is good.

I really didn't want or need a full leveling system, but it seems to me that if they already have hydraulic pump, wouldn't a couple of cylinders, and some line been cheaper than the electric jack, or a least close to equal.

Speedy

X2! They start making these rigs cost too much and those models will be gone like Carriage and NuWa.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
What "noise" are you talking about? If it's making a screaming sound, lube the joints and the Acme screw that operates it. It's a rear stabilizer, not a rear leveling jack, so you should not be trying to lift the back end with it.

ParkIt

I really didn't want or need a full leveling system, but it seems to me that if they already have hydraulic pump, wouldn't a couple of cylinders, and some line been cheaper than the electric jack, or a least close to equal.
I've wondered the same thing but it may not have been much of a call for by owners until now???
What "noise" are you talking about? If it's making a screaming sound, lube the joints and the Acme screw that operates it. It's a rear stabilizer, not a rear leveling jack, so you should not be trying to lift the back end with it.
Yep. I only have them down until it hit tension then take my finger off the rocker switch. Pretty sure a lot of people really don't understand the difference between a leveling system and a stabilizing system.

whanner

I've wondered the same thing but it may not have been much of a call for by owners until now???Yep. I only have them down until it hit tension then take my finger off the rocker switch. Pretty sure a lot of people really don't understand the difference between a leveling system and a stabilizing system.

Very true....The tech that did our walk through stressed that they will break if you go much passed touch down.....stabilizers only.....not a lift :) and he said not to lift the front once the rear is down in order to load the rear.

pegmikef

I'm sure they said that about A/Cs, refrigerators, toilets, showers and slide outs but they are all standard now :)
\

True a lot of the perks are standard now, but they are also reflected in the prices vs the prices when they weren't standard.