frame and tire worries

on the edge of pulling the trigger on a 29rk but am really concerned about all the frame and tire issuses posted around.
if i buy a unit off a dealer"s lot will it have been checked and can i upgrade the tires? at this point should i just order a new unit[2009] and pay the extra or take a unit off a dealer for a better deal...........or am i just being over cautious.

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Doc, if you're really worried about tires and suspension and are talking about a 2009 model, why not do as I did. I ordered a 2008 Bighorn and special ordered #7000 LB axles and G rated tires. I feel much safer with this setup than with the #6000 LB axles and E rated tires. OP

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
In addition, you can get the options you really want and you'll be happier in the long run. As posted before by a few, the frame issues are minimal as a percentage of the total units built. I think I remember reading 2 tenths of 1 percent have had problems. Heartland is also known for doing their best to work with us as well. We have had very few issues with our Bighorn. Of the issues we've had, most have been resolved by me and info from this forum. Go for it!