Corner vanity cabinet

soilmovers

I have a comment on the corner vanity cabinet.
Maybe it's me, but it appears to be too deep over the sink area.
I can barely brush teeth or wash my face to manuever under the cabinet.
It could be an age problem as I'm not as nimble anymore...........
The storage is great but I would rather have a smaller cabinet for more space over the sink.

cmart

Vanity

Cindy I'm with you, but at least now I have an excuse to dismiss the lack of hair on the back of my noggin.None

jimtoo

I "HAD" the same problem. I corrected mine by taking the cabinet off the wall and remaking it. The cabinet comes apart very easy. I took the sides off, made new shelves, cut and reattached the shelf mounting strips to the wall and attached a, I think 3/4X3/4" to back of original front to mount it back to the wall. Then I got some a mirror cut to mount along both sides to cover the original screw holes. The trim on the ceiling will not reach the front of the cabinet now, but you can take the piece from the inside of the cabinet and cut and make it long enough. Use a little caulking to cover the joint. Works out good and no more head bumping and still plenty of room in the cabinet for all our needs.

BJ'sDad

I brought this up at the Southeast Rally, I like having the big deep medicing cabinet, but it sure would be nice if they brought the vanity out away from the wall an extra inch or so, or placed the sink a little closer to the edge of the vanity.
In mine, I have almost no room behind my sink, yet have 2 inches or more in front of the sink, I'd prefer the empty counter space behind the sink where I could set things while I'm set up camping.

Many owners said they too had put a smudge on the mirror of the medicine cabinet bumping their head into it. So at least I wasn't the only one.

ChopperBill

Is this something they changed? I dont remember having in problems with our "06". Guess I will go to the storage lot and check it out.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
ChopperBill said:
Is this something they changed? I dont remember having in problems with our "06". Guess I will go to the storage lot and check it out.
I guess were in the same boat Bill, we have no problem with our '07. We looked at the new ones at the Rally and really couldn't remember if that area had changed....Ken

ChopperBill

This is ours. Any different on the new ones. Renee says she has no problem with it.
259686180.jpg

on edit. I can see where there might be a difference. ours is "a cheap plastic imitation like the competition" according to the new brochures. Looks like the rim on the fancy porcelain unit is lots wider. Guess we will keep our cheap plastic one. LOL

jimtoo

Hi Chopperbill
By the pictre you posted I can see yours is different than what mine was. The "side" on yours appears to be about 1" deep from the actual front panel or face plate. On mine the "sides" were about 4-5" deep and that really made the cabinet set way out over the sink. Mine no longer has any sides, just like the face plate is mounted to the walls and I still have plenty of room.

BJ'sDad

Those pics show the point I tried to make at the Rally, since the vanity top extends beyond the cabinet itself, why couldn't the cabinet be made larger and the sink be placed closer to the front edge of the top? If the factory is bying the vanity top/sink as a premade unit I guess it would be difficult to do and until someone from the factory replies we won't know if these are prefabricated or not.

On my Sundance with the side hallway and enclosed bath, there is plenty of room in the bath area for a deeper vanity so the sink could be moved away from the wall, and I'd say the all the other models with the enclosed bath could beniefit as well.