fourth step

Does any one know of a kit to add a fouth step to our existing 3 step. Not shure of make of our 3 step system, 2011 Bighorn 3185RL.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't think you can add a step, but you may be able to have the three-step replaced with a four-step. There are some after-market versions, even some made of aluminum I think. You could also try calling Heartland customer service, they could tell you if you can replace it and maybe sell you the 4-step. If you are a Heartland Owners Club member, you may also get a discount on parts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Depending where we are camped, we too could use an additional step in some places, but then in others a fourth step would be too low. I just made a carpeted box about step height and use it as a fourth step as needed. When not needed, we just stick it out of the way under the other steps. When traveling, it is the last thing we put in before we shut the door, and the first thing out when we stop. Works perfectly.

donr827

We purchased a folding aluminum step that is adjustable from CW. It folds up for easy storage and is light weight.
Don

Theresau

We tried to order the 4 steps when we ordered the new BC and was told by HL that we couldn't do so. This was also brought up by the "tour guide" - that they always use 3 steps if RV has a 10" frame. I thought I saw a thread in the forum that said someone had this upgraded by the dealer.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I think that Heartland stopped using the four step because they were having a problem with the 4 step breaking. Not 100% on that but it's what I remember..

BC

kkamshop

That may be true Bob, we broke ours this year but were planning to replace the bouncy squeaky thing anyway!;)

Eddhuy

My understanding is that with the 10" I beam, they use 3 steps and with the 12" I beam they use 4 steps. I've been told there is not enough height for 4 steps if the I beam is only 10" but some say they have have upgraded anyway. I like the 4 step myself, don't have it though, because they seem like shorter heights between the steps.