2013 North trail NT 22FBS slide question????

Hello- we are just about ready to purchase a BN 2013 North Trail NT 22 FBS with a single slideout.I asked the dealer what happens if the slideout cannot be moved in or out for some reason.His Salesman tell me there is a tool that inserts in the back of the motr that runs the cables in and out.He showed me this tool but nowheres could he find nor tell me exactly where it goes becasue the motor is hidden somewheres.He calls a mechainc and he says there is a panel that comes off above the slideout dinette that removed to access the motor. Guess what?? This panel has no screws anyhweres for any access. Can someone please tell me where I am supposed to put this tool into the motor? Thanks in advance.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
polarispete... Welcome to the forum! If it is anything like our 21fbs, there are screws, but they are covered with rounded plugs. Remove the plugs to gain access to the screws and that will allow you to get to the motor. For what it's worth, we have had our 21fbs for a little over 3 years and use it a lot and have never had an issue with the slide. In fact we have never had an issue with the trailer at all, never been into a dealer for repairs. We are so happy with the quality and reliability of the unit, that we are selling our Heartland North Trail 21fbs and waiting for our new Heartland Bighorn 3570rs to be built. Good luck.

Thank you for the reply on this.But there are NO round plugs that hide the screwheads like on other RVS. The front overhead decore wooden piece is fastened with small nails as I can see the nailheads.The wooden square piece directly in the middle is where the motor is SUPPOSEDLY ACCESSED But its a piece attached to the long piece across the top of the dinnette.If no one can tell me how and where to access this motor just in case something does go wrong, I will try called Heartland and maybe their Customer Service can help me.

danemayer

Hi polarispete,

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 and have your VIN # ready. I'm sure they can tell you where it is located.

Thanks all but here is what I found.Not by Customer Service as they were just about useless! I looked up and behind the slideout when it was retracted in and guess what? There is a reason the front fascia wooden piece is fixed in place-there is no motor behind it.The tiny motor is affixed to the rear wall of the slideout.This is the cable operated system that runs the slideout.I was told that the older units used a different system.I could get no real answer on how to operate the slideout manaully if something quits either from the Dealer nor Heartland Customer Service.