Slide Controls

retroxrider

Not blind, just one switch for all the slides. The smaller slides will move first and the larger last. You can manually valve off certain slides if you wish to put in/out a certain slide.

Taz Devil

Could you give me a little info on how to override certain slides? I was not shown or told how to do that, since this is our 1st 5er. There have been times I would like to open just one and not all 3.

Thanks Kevin :eek:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Kevin. There should be a a set of valves on your slide out pump. Each valve controls the flow to a different slide. The valves turn 90 degrees. Turn off the valves for the slides you want to leave in.

BobSue

slide valves

On my 2009 BH the valves look like little black knobs and have to be screwed in to shut them off. (lefty loosy to open the valves:rolleyes:)

They were clearly labeled from the factory. I use them all the time since I don't put the door side slide out when in storage.

Chuck Richard

My '09 3055 also has the screw in knobs for shutting off a slide. I thought I would also mention if like mine you also have a white switch near these valves that will operate the slides just like the one inside the trailer.

bill40

I found the same problem with our BC 3500RL. I had never come across a unit with this type of set up but according to the dealer we need to have the valve shut off system installed, he thought it would be around $350. I have not checked the BH or Landmarks but mabe they already have this system. Had I realized this unit was this way I would not had purched it.
We just returned from a 8000 mile trip and I can tell you there were many times I could not open all the slides on the MH. I plan too check into the valve system futher.

Taz Devil

After looking further into my setup, I finally figured out that I have a single stage manifold which only has one line going out and one coming back. This means I can only open and close the slides as designed and not be able to use just the one I need to open or close. My understanding is that the BC's have the single manifold and the BH's have the multiplex manifold. I feel your pain.

Taz Devil

I found the same problem with our BC 3500RL. I had never come across a unit with this type of set up but according to the dealer we need to have the valve shut off system installed, he thought it would be around $350. I have not checked the BH or Landmarks but mabe they already have this system. Had I realized this unit was this way I would not had purched it.
We just returned from a 8000 mile trip and I can tell you there were many times I could not open all the slides on the MH. I plan too check into the valve system futher.

After giving it some more thought last night, I really believe it would cost you more than $300 to have the multi-switched manifold added to your unit. You would have to have the multi-switch manifold and then all the individual lines that would run to each slide and back. Unless you can do it yourself, then you might be able to save a little money. I haven't run into a situation yet where I couldn't open all my slides. There have been a couple times while loading and unloading that would have liked to open just the kitchen slide. Good luck.

bill40

I found that price questionable but the dealer had not had anyone ask before. He is checking with Heartland and other outside sources to get a price. Hopefully it won't be a problem and I won't need it till we go out west again.

Taz Devil

Keep us posted because if it doesn't cost that much to have it done, I just might consider doing it. I have to pick up my unit next week from the dealer so I may just pose that question to them. Thanks