First rain while using new north trail and we are wet....... Window Leak on all sides.

firstone

New North Trail first camping trip and first night we get rain. We ended up watching water pool in the window seals on the inside and stuffing them with paper towls to keep it from filling. The water was pooling in the inside window seals on all three sides, coming from only the windows that slide open. The water looked to be coming in from under the slide portion. We had fans and good air circulation, inside windows had moisture on them but this was not running down it was coming from outside.

One of the windows is missing the top plugs on the outside in the top of the frame and others are loose fitting. Have no idea what the top holes are for and why I was the only trailer in the camp with top holes at all - plugged or not??? It also seems stranfg the bottom holes/slots are cut and angled in toward the inside and not out????

Also had a run of water in two spots down the wall on the inside from the window that was missing the plugs......?

I asked another camper and they had no window leaks in theirs and thought it was a problem for mine.

This stinks and is a real bummer......What do I need to know???????

Thanks

firstone

There are slotted cut outs in the frame at the top and bottom. Most at the top have a cheap rubber plug or tab inserted but a couple of those are missing. Why in the world would there be any holes at the top in the first place??
Window in upside down ?? Drain holes should be on the bottom.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There are slotted cut outs in the frame at the top and bottom. Most at the top have a cheap rubber plug or tab inserted but a couple of those are missing. Why in the world would there be any holes at the top in the first place??

That tells me the slots are put in that way so the window can be installed to slide in either direction. Make sure you have open slots at the bottom and use black silicone or some other method to fill all of the slots at the top. At the very least, put some black tape over the slots at the top. f you have no lots on the bottom, the window is installed upside down.

Westwind

I'd put take on the upper slots and then a hose on it to see if it leaks, then take it back to the dealer if you can to get it corrected.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You can also check the screws around the window on the inside to be certain they are tight. We found several loose on one of our windows that allowed it to leak. Leak quit when screws were tightened. Ditto on the holes at the top.

TedS

It sounds like the windows were installed inside out. The slits in my windows are outside and at the bottom to allow water to drain.