Fire Place

Bob Vaughn

When we returned from our last trip I had to remove the fire place to reinstall the slide out computer desk.....I found that the reason it gave way was who ever was shooting nails the day mine was built was suffering from a hang over. He/she did not come close to attaching the lower piece of frame work to the upper piece of wood. Two nails just barely cut across the edge.....In the process of reinstalling the fireplace I remembered that the door to the control panel only opened about a third of the way so it was hard to get our fingers in to turn the knobs and flip the switches. What I found was the fireplace was actually sitting on the hinges for the panel. By putting a spacer under the bottom and raising the fireplace 5/8" the panel door now opens all the way.

Westwind

Welcome to the club " Owner Quality Control", doesn't matter the brand we (not just Heartland) we all have stories to tell. I thought the fireplace was a foolish option but I can tell you we have gotten so much use out of the heater on ours. The fireplace part does add something also. I for one am glad we have it in our Big Horn.

Wmnmy

That's one thing I'm looking forward to in the new one we are looking to purchase.

we used ours and love it during day we just have the visual flame on and at night we turn heat on its an awesome feature man im not missn the cyclone as much with all the kool features on our Elkridge.