Exterior shower repair M-22 with bunk beds floor plan.

The shower handle on the hose attachment for the exterior shower assembly developed cracks at the seam on the pistol grip. When the valves are open, water is purging thru these cracks; the shower handle obviously needs to be replaced. I have the part on order from Camping World, currently backordered with anywhere from 3 to 5 weeks to deliver. In the meantime I figured I would prep the unit by removing the cracked shower handle and generally cleaning in and around the shower box assembly. Good idea, bad handling of the hose as I unscrewed the broken shower handle the end of the hose slipped from my other hand and immediately snaked itself back into the box assembly and I clearly heard the ugly sound of it falling to the bottom of the interior of the coach proper, at least inside the rear wall. I can' t reach in more than a couple of inches in the hole; I tried a bent coat hanger to fish it out; no luck with that either. I checked underneath to see if there was access to the line, no dice; the blackwater tank is right up against the rear edge of the frame. I have the M-22 model with the floorplan that has the bathroom in the rear on the doorside and 2 bunk beds on the driver's side. Inbetween the bunk beds and the bathroom is a floor to ceiling multi shelf pantry. My best estimate of where the exterior shower box lies in relation to the floor plan is to the right of the bathroom wall (as one is looking from inside the coach at the rear of the coach), but to the left of the bunkbed placement. In other words, I THINK there maybe interior access to the valves, vaccum breaker, hose connections, etc just behind or below the rear wall or the floor panel of the pantry. Before I start prying up the paneling, can anyone confirm my theory? If not, where would the most likely interior access be for the exterior shower assembly? Of course there is the distinct possibility that I have over engineered this idea and all the access that is actually needed in thru the box assembly cut out itself; if so, how are the cold and hot valves removed, which would be the proper step before removing the screws and weather seal that holds the box assembly in place? I looked at the Fontana website (and others) for installation, removal, etc procedures but really didn't see anything that provided a procedure or even basic guidance. Any ideas anyone? Sorry for the long write up, but I like to try to cover all the bases and anticipate any questions at the outset.
Thank you for any and all assistance.
Scott

OKCSAM

Scott,
You have probably fixed the problem by now. I accessed the assembly from the outside by removing the assembly. I just unscrewed it and taking a putty knife lifted the seal. I put a rigid support on the first three inches of the hose assembly as my hose was kinking and shutting off the flow. You can also access by removing the panel in the trailer where the plug is, under the pantry.
Take care,
Brad