Added Two Cabinets in Bedroom

wiredawgchief

Hi Fellow Cycloners, I actually previously installed the cabinet on the side of the bedroom dresser for CDs. DVDs and VCR tapes. The one above the window I just completed. They are already finished for $99 ea at home depot. I added the spring pistons from Camping World. Plan to keep towels and wash cloths. I had to offset the cabinet to the right of the window to allow the TV to swing around for viewing. Here are pics. Next upgrade is installing master audio/video switch either in bedroom or entertainment center in living room (more likely) with home runs from each TV.

Attachments

• cabinets 001 (640x478).jpg
    cabinets 001 (640x478).jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 480
  • cabinets 002 (640x478).jpg
    cabinets 002 (640x478).jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 407
  • cabinets 003 (640x478).jpg
    cabinets 003 (640x478).jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 390
  • cabinets 004 (640x478).jpg
    cabinets 004 (640x478).jpg
    152 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Vey nice cabinets! How did you attach to the outside wall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ParkIt

Check a web site called "Hacking Ikea". You can find some really inexpensive ways to create more cabinets and space you want for a lot less :)

wiredawgchief

You can use a stud finder on the walls, so I found aluminum studs and screwed into them. I may add one above the ODS slide in the living room. Ron.

Nice cabinet install on the floor! Just finished a mod in fall of 2012 to the dresser, using a custom built in shelving design for our DVR & DVD Player in the same space. Wish I could have found a pre-built too! Very labor intensive, but worth the extra work in the end!