1980 Prowler - Please Help!

Jrocks

Hi, I recently bought a used 1980 Prowler. We just need to know if there is any asbestos used in the construction of the trailer because there was a spot where we had to remove the wall. We have small kids and NEED to know if its safe!

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Re: ATF: Prowler - Please Help!

Hi Jrocks,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

The Prowler you have was not made by Heartland RVs. Heartland purchased the name a couple of years or so back when the company went under. I have never heard of asbestos being used in the rv world, but you never know. I grew up with asbestos shingles,, asbestos insulation and all the other asbestos stuff and I am still here 74 years later. So I don't worry about asbestos. I don't know how you could find out since the company does not exist anymore.

Enjoy the forum and maybe some old timer will have an answer for you.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Re: ATF: Prowler - Please Help!

Hi, I recently bought a used 1980 Prowler. We just need to know if there is any asbestos used in the construction of the trailer because there was a spot where we had to remove the wall. We have small kids and NEED to know if its safe!
Jrocks, there shouldn't be any asbestos in the camper. The only thing in those walls should be the aluminum skin, fiberglass insulation and luan interior wall panels. Back then they probably used 2X2's for framing. If there were any asbestos, it might be in the oven lining and oven door.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Probably no asbestos in your coach.

Jim2, 74??? WOW, and you are still up under your own power.

Gaffer

I don't know what you found that you thought might be asbestos but if you put a flame to it and it burns or melts you can sleep tight.