PressurePro Lock Nut Kits

Uncle Rog

Doran told me that the battery life would be extended considerably by removing them when not in use. I take mine off when the unit will be parked for more than a couple of days. It also makes you take the time to visually inspect the tires, etc......

vrugt

Billd, don't these sensors and lock kits impact the wheel balance? Does one need to have the wheels re-balanced after adding the kits?

5erWonk

The last time I had my truck tires rotated and balanced I had them do the balance with and without the sensors and it was virtually no difference.

Pat McFall

vrugt said:
I wonder what can one do to prevent stealing the tire pressure sensors of the tires?

I am sorry but I have been recovering from eye surgery and have not been monitoring this thread as closely as I should. I promised Jim I would monitor this PressurePro thread and answer questions that come up.

I would like to answer your questions regarding theft of the PressurePro Sensors. We have been using and selling PressurePro for over 4 years. We have sold hundreds of PressurePro systems. We have never lost a Sensor or had to replace a Sensor for any of our customers due to theft.

That being said, if you leave your rig parked on a busy street where kids play, store your rig in a storage area or travel into Mexico, you should probably remove the Sensors. The Lock Nut Kits that we sell will not prevent someone from stealing the Sensors. They might deter kids or "honest" crooks from easily removing the Sensors but if a "real" crook wants to steal the Sensor, he can.

Uncle Rog said:
Doran told me that the battery life would be extended considerably by removing them when not in use. I take mine off when the unit will be parked for more than a couple of days. It also makes you take the time to visually inspect the tires, etc......

Removing the Sensors will extend the battery life. We don't recommend removing them unless you plan to be stationary for at least a month or more (or for the reasons mentioned above). There is a little rubber gasket inside the Sensor and taking them on and off every few days can cause wear & tear on the rubber gasket, thereby causing them to leak.

If you have any questions regarding PressurePro, please feel free to contact me.

Pat