Heartland's -- 2011 LANDMARK LM Grand Canyon

geewiz1

I'm looking at buying a 2011 Landmark LM Grand Canyon (at least its advertised as 2011 - need to confirm) and I'm looking for feedback on this model RV, I haven't had a lot of experience with Heartlands product on what to look out for?
  1. I wont be doing any traveling in the unit rather will just leave it on a site in south Texas, and will only use it during the winter for 5 months.
  2. The unit only has 1 AC and Im concerned that I might have to add another - is this possible?
  3. Would like to install a dishwasher - has anyone done this?
  4. Other problems to look out for?
Appreciate your feedback
Thanks
Graeme

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Geewiz1, welcome to the forum. Lots of great information here.
Adding another AC unit should not be a problem on that rig.
Dishwasher? There is only one person that I know of that added a built in dishwasher. There are counter top models available.
As a general rule, I would check the caulking and look for signs of any water damage.
Be sure that all mechanicals work. The AC, furnace refrigerator etc.
You listed Mission as your home. There are a lot of Heartlanders in that area in the winter months. Including a few get togethers.
Be sure to come back and let us know how you make out.
Is this a private sale or dealer?

Peace
Dave

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey Graeme, hi!! This is Kathy Adams...small world! We have been Heartland owners for quite awhile..we now have a 2013 Landmark and LOVE it!

If you're putting it in Retama you will want to add the second air...it's pre-wired. I know how hot it can get there, even over the winter. Not sure about the dishwasher...finding a location that will accommodate one will be the only issue.

Does it have dual pane windows? They will also help with heating and cooling.

If you need any help just PM me or give me a call...

guyc66

We bought our 2011 Grand Canyon in October of that year and have full-timed in it since. We absolutely love this model and feel confident that you will too if you decide to purchase one. If your fridge has the ice maker then I would recommend replacing the factory installed water line with something more substantial to prevent a leak in your basement area (I replaced mine with a braided steel water line from Lowes). Oh yeah, we did replace the latch plate for the bedroom door with a larger one to help with the misalignment issue that can come up. In fact, I would estimate that we have spent less than $50 on repair/modifications on our GC since purchase (fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc.). I can't think of any other issues specific to this model to look out for.....just the usual potential suspect areas like Dave mentioned in his reply. Sorry I can't provide more helpful information but our unit has been almost trouble-free from day one.

Good Luck!
Guy

[Edit] I forgot that we changed out the brushed nickel showel faucet to the oil-rubbed bronze to match all the other faucets in the unit so my repair/mod estimate is probably closer to $100 but that is still awesome in my opinion.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you can, get the VIN# and call HL, they can tell you when it was built and any other info you need.

skh

Just came across this posting and am wondering if you bought the 2011 Grand Canyon, and if so what you paid for it? I have one I am thinking about selling this fall. We are happy with it, just thinking about something different or retiring. We use it June-Nov. just my husband and I in it. Stored inside a heated building all winters. It has never been cooked in, in fact I just noticed the tag still on the range knob! We have another trailer we cook in (long story). Went with Grand Canyon for the desk area and bedroom slide closet, it's great for storage. Have generator and factory installed bedroom AC. Any price opinions welcome by pm.

Last edited:

Garypowell

Geewiz1....I think two people have added a dishwasher to their Rigs. I am one and you can find the thread under Modification section. I put mine in a cabinet by the Frig in my unit (3010RE). The other person was able to fit a different model dishwasher under his sink. His install and mine where fairly straight forward. We have done 3 months worth of dishes and they come out excellent. If you want more detailed information....PM me. Good Luck.