Tire Monitoring Systems

randes

I definitely plan to buy a Tire Monitoring System when I Order my 5th Wheel. But the question is: there seem to be two main systems available - The PressurePro and the Smartire. For 8 wheels, PressurePro is $590, while SmarTire is $1,190. SmarTire in addition to measuring the tire preasure, also measures the tire temperature. How critical is the temperature???? Is it worth twice the price? I'd appreciate any comments on either system. :)

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
tire temp

as air goes down tire temps will go up also if delamination starts twmps go up. Temperature I think is very important

5erWonk

randes said:
I definitely plan to buy a Tire Monitoring System when I Order my 5th Wheel. But the question is: there seem to be two main systems available - The PressurePro and the Smartire. For 8 wheels, PressurePro is $590, while SmarTire is $1,190. SmarTire in addition to measuring the tire preasure, also measures the tire temperature. How critical is the temperature???? Is it worth twice the price? I'd appreciate any comments on either system. :)

Did you ever decide on a tire system? I'm getting ready to take delivery on my new rig and would like to setup a monitoring system. I agree temperature is important; however, do the temperature sensors on the SmartTire have the sensitivity to differentiate increased heat in a tire as it is delaminating......I do not know how much temperature increase occurs leading up to a blowout or how far in advance the temp increases, 2,5, 10 degrees, who knows!!

Uncle Rog

Blowout In Death Valley!

Howdy, now that I have blown two tires, both rears on both sides, I have decided to get the Doran tire sensors. Lost one wheel and had to drive 120 miles round trip for a good tire and new wheel. The best price I have seen is $390 for four sensor system. Does any body think you need more than 4? I can tell a flat on the truck, but it is now proven that a blowout on the Horn is barely perceptible and can tear up a lot of RV......UR

K

Ken Washington

Roger,
Tire sensors on your TV will warn you of a problem in advance so that you will have time to look for a place to pull over and see what's going on. If I were going to get it, I would want them on all tires!

Ken

Uncle Rog

Thanks Ken, I will consider that idea, also is Doran as good as other more expensive systems? What sixe tires do you have on your TV? I cant find anything in the owners manual about them.....Roger

DennisZ

Roger
What brand of tires did you have on your unit? Just wondering I they are the same as mine.

Thanks
Dennis

Tom of Ypsi

Roger,

Keep your eye open on the Doran site for lower prices if you are in no hurry. I just paid $375 for the four tire system two weeks ago. They have been having sales every once in a while so if you are in no hurry just keep watching.

Uncle Rog

Dennisz, they are Trail America's, if you are running out of Lancaster you will be on hot asphalt, my tire guy says they are allright but after two blowouts I am going to the monitor and a different make, not worth the headache.....
Thanks Tom, I will look around........

jpmorgan37

Hi Rog;

I have them on my Landmark only, not on the TV. Like you said, I know when I lose a tire on the truck, but have seen too many distroy part of their coach because they weren't aware of the tire failure. I bought my Pressure Pro from RV Cams in Baton Rouge LA and Tim was great to deal with. I had a problem with one of the transmitters and he immediately had one out to me. It was $390 for the four tires on the trailer, but a whole lot less that one deductible claim. Tim's number is 877-378-2267 or you can reach them on the web at: www.RVCams.com.

John

vangoes

You with Pressurepros, has the system been what you expected? I am considering purchasing it but would like to hear from owners that have had it for a while. Please provide your opinions of the system. Thanks

Pat McFall

vangoes,

We have been selling and using the PressurePro Tire Monitoring System for almost 5 years. I know there are lots of satisfied PressurePro customers on this forum....I hope some of them will answer your post. There is also a PressurePro Thread on this forum that provides some info about the PressurePro.

If I can be of any assistance or answer any questions, you can PM me or email me at:

PressureProSystem@yahoo.com

or check our website: PressurePro System

Thanks..............Pat