Decorating / Mods

:confused: I'm thinking of removing the small folding couch from my 24rbs and replacing with two swivel chairs. Has anyone tried to do this ? If so to what outcome ? Any suggestion, coments, do's or DON'T'S Trevor & Eva

RanCarr

:confused: I'm thinking of removing the small folding couch from my 24rbs and replacing with two swivel chairs. Has anyone tried to do this ? If so to what outcome ? Any suggestion, coments, do's or DON'T'S Trevor & Eva

I'm hoping someone replies. We would love to get rid of the jack-knife sofa as it's hard and very uncomfortable to sit on through a 2 hour movie. The area where we sit is compressing making the thing look lopsided. We don't need it for a bed as it's only us and the cats. But when we looked under it, we saw the cable from the slideout - it runs back there. So unless we build something ourselves, we are poop out of luck. :( Maybe someone figured out a way....

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Looking at the floor plan image on the Heartland site, it's not much different than a mod I did to a previous RV. The jack knife couch should mount to the side walls of the slide out and the cabinet to the left of the couch. Just remove everything and replace with a nice Loveseat Recliner or whatever might fit in the opening. Just make sure first to measure and determine what will fit before you run out and purchase something that might not.