Travel Map

HornedToad

I want to get a travel map for the trailer and add one to my signature.

Is there any rule when your listing the states...

Do you include any state your trailer tires hit the pavement,
or do you need to have layed your head on a pillow there???

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We say, camped in trailer. We did not include Indiana earlier this year... Even though we hauled our coach there and we stayed for a week, the coach was at the factory, and we were in a hotel. No state counted. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We use it to indicate every state we have visited whether in the RV or not. That is why Hawaii is on ours. We were there.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
We use it to indicate every state we have visited whether in the RV or not. That is why Hawaii is on ours. We were there.

No Washington state? What's up with that? Gotta be on your bucket list, all but one!!!

ljawest

We've done the same thing...putting states on the map where we spent the night or ALL day. We've also added the Canada map to our rig. Our goal is to eventually visit every state whether we're traveling with or without the camper.

TXTiger

Where is the State of Confusion or the State of Insanity? I think I have been to both but can't find them on the map.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Where is the State of Confusion or the State of Insanity? I think I have been to both but can't find them on the map.

It's that big long state on the Left coast!
I'm a native Californian, so I can get away with saying that!

oldmannj

All but one!!! VERY impressive! You guys have more states under your belt than me and I've been on the road for 38 years. ED.

We only count where we have camped, but that means have ever camped. OK is where I grew up and that was under the stars or in a tent.

jmgratz

No Washington state? What's up with that? Gotta be on your bucket list, all but one!!!

I have said we want to make it to Washington state before we die. I am afraid once we get there it will be time to die. :)

jmgratz

Think we should add Canada, Mexico, Granada, Venezuela, Dominica, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, Japan, Jamica but can find the stickers. Oh well....

HornedToad

OK...

I think the consensus is to include a state on your travel map you need to have stayed overnight in your RV. I'm not going to count the night I spent in a truck stop parking lot driving home from picking up the new trailer because Helen wasn't onboard.

The reason I ask is we have a 10 day road trip planned next month, so I should be able to add several states to the ONE on my map.

I count the states we stayed at in our rig overnight and also did something special, like we visited Graceland in Memphis, Tn and stayed two nights. Minimum two nights stay to count, so Tennessee will go on our map.

Don_Carol

We are going to go with the consensus and only list the states on our travel map that we actually stayed overnight in our RV. Carol is from Pa. so we have travel to many states but living on the Gulf Coast we have not ventured too far from home in our RV....yet!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
There is no rule except what you want to indicate with the map. Others use it for their purposes.

I started to keep one but quit when I felt it didn't make a difference. I know where I have been and that is all I need...

FWIW
BC

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
My opinion is that it's a TRAVEL map, so if we've been in a state, it gets tagged.

Nitehawk79

Funny I have been to every state to include Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico but I have never been to Montana.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD