2008 Ford F450 6.4L Twin Turbo Big Horn 3600RL

T

turtle

:) Anyone else running the F450? So far I am well satisfied with performance. A performance chip would be nice but not really necessary. With 6 radiators cooling everything, 19.5" tires, larger brakes, a fantastic suspension system that rides smooth empty or loaded, wide stance front end with a turning radius that rivals small P/U's what else could one want. Oh, the Big Horn 3600RL towed nicely bringing it home from the dealer..... hope to get it out soon.

gawelsh

We have the F450 - it's an awesome truck !! We've been pulling our 38' Landmark with it - it tows like a dream with this truck.

russell

Our 450 is great also. We pull a 4012 and though you never forget it's back there, It does tow like a dream. I had a 2004 F-450 6.0 deisel cab and chassis with a custom made 9' bed made out of two 8' beds. The new truck is a definite improvement, except for fuel mileage. I'm most impressed with the turning diameter. Good Luck with your truck!

Cooper

I have a 2008 F350 4X4 CrewCab Shortbed great truck. I just wish diesel was not $2.23 gal. My truck holds 81 gallons. Has anyone thought about buying a biodiesel processor.

russell

I installed a transfer flow fuel tank and toolbox combo so my combined capacity is 88 gallons. The transfer flow equipment is well made and has been trouble free. Right now deisel in Rhode Island is 3.20 a gallon

Cooper

Sorry I meant $3.23 I must have been dreaming about the good old days. At that it will cost me between $80.00 and $100.00 bucks a week to drive to work.

jpmorgan37

Talking about the biodiesel processor, I read on another forum where they were stealing the cooking oil that was waiting to be processed. Nothing is sacred anymore.

Cooper

Hey JPMorgan I like the awning over your windows where did you get them and what do you think about one awning over the two windows?

jpmorgan37

Cooper;

I got them through a independent repair shop in Minnesota. Dometic makes them so they can be obtained through Camping World or just about any dealer. They were easy to install. We like the individual window awnings. We had them on our last fiver. Some folks like the bigger awning so they can have more "sitting in the shade" area. Either one sure helps in the "Texas sun" to help keep it cool inside.

John

BluegrassMan

So far I love my 450KR, I only have about 750 mi. on it. Yes, I love the short turning radius too. I towed my GC last week about 60 mi. to drop it off for some minor work. It towed flawlessly, though not as soft of a ride as my Dodge with Air/Lift on the rear, but hey it's a 450 it will ride stiffer. I just put a Trifecta bed cover on it this week, it folds up in 3rds. Just flip it twice,click the latches and I can tow my 5ver. After I get where I'm going, I can flip it back,lock it DONE. Your local Camping World has them.

jbeletti

Nice truck update Denny. Not sure if there is any difference between mine and yours, but I too am really pleased with the tight turning radius of my new truck. I do miss my Ram/Cummins but I am sure the F550/PSD will grow on me as it gets broken in. And I've yet to even pull a trailer with it!

Jim